Page 5 of 8

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:06 am
by Woe
OOC: if the other two are also ready, we can head off to the caves with an uneventful journey, politely ask the bear to either leave or be nicer to the farmers, and wrap this adventure up by midday.

:lol:

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 pm
by jcm
OOC: Sounds good. I wonder if the bear speaks Common.

Journey to the Cave

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:28 pm
by JoeCarr28
The journey to the cave does indeed pass uneventfully. Your route takes you out of the village along North Street. You then cut across country, through the Northern Orchards, in a north-easterly direction towards the Elder Hills. Eventually the trees thin out as the ground starts to rise and, just as Dronlan described, you find yourself faced with a craggy ridge. The entrance to the cave is quickly found ...
Picture - Entrance to the Cave.jpg
Picture - Entrance to the Cave.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
Midday, Waterday, Movement, Earth-Season*.

*Gloranthan calendar: time, day, week, season

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 pm
by Woe
Elena has a few ideas:
- We could plug the hole and see if the bear can get out another way.
- We can have one or more of us go invisible and scout inside. Oh... Marcus, you can't see in the dark can you? Sorry! I don't have a spell for that.
- We can smoke the bear out. If we get a bunch of brush and the wind is blowing right, he won't be able to breathe.
- Umm... that's it for now.

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:37 am
by Woe
We scout around the cave opening for a bit. Any other exits or precariously placed boulders directly above the cave entrance?

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:05 am
by jcm
Around what time of the day is it? Marcus' stomach starts to growl. Do bears eat apples?

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 am
by Woe
It is midday. Marcus should eat an apple else we could mistake him for the beat.

Outside the Cave

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:21 pm
by JoeCarr28
Woe wrote:We scout around the cave opening for a bit. Any other exits or precariously placed boulders directly above the cave entrance?
[Perception skill rolls]

You search the immediate vicinity of the cave, but find no other potential entrances or cave-like openings (nor any convenient boulders ;) ).

(To give you a better sense of scale of the photo in my previous post, the cave opening is 5 - 6 feet high, and roughly double that across).

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:10 pm
by Blazeguard
"The smoking out idea sounds good" Filibert says. He will start collecting wood and other flammable materials. He will also check to see if there are any trees or other elevated areas that would serve as a safe platform to attack from.

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:55 pm
by jcm
As he doesn't have any useful ideas himself Marcus helps Filibert gather wood. As he does he tries not to get distracted by his fascination for the flora and fauna.