Playtest 2 - The Hunt

A forum for the playtesting of JoeCarr28's Basic Fantasy Questing supplement, a simple D100 conversion for the Basic Fantasy RPG.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Blazeguard

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post by Blazeguard »

Filibert rolls his eyes behind Elena's back and gives an exasperated shrug to Mr. Squinch. "Thank you very much, Mr. Squinch. You don't happen to have anything else particularly suited to getting rid of a bear, do you?" If not, Filibert will pay Mr. Squinch and then head after the others.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Marcus absent-mindedly follows the others.
JoeCarr28

Stock-Take

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Blazeguard wrote:"Thank you very much, Mr. Squinch. You don't happen to have anything else particularly suited to getting rid of a bear, do you?"
As is his way, Squinch takes Filibert's question at face value. You see his eyes quickly and methodically scan every corner of the Storehouse and the goods contained within. Seconds later, the ultra-rapid stock-take complete, he replies "No Master Filibert, I don't. That would require a trap or a weapon of some sort, and I do not stock such items."
Woe

Post by Woe »

Meanwhile, at Bertha's... ?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
JoeCarr28

Bertha

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Leaving the Storehouse, the three friends cross South Street and enter the Tin Inn in search of Bertha Brewer. You find her in the kitchen, busying herself for the day ahead. "Ooh, if it isn't the brave bear hunters," she mocks gently. "What can I do for you, my dearies? A hearty hunter's breakfast perhaps?"
Woe

Post by Woe »

Elena is completely clueless to the sarcasm. "Bear hunters, us! Wow, that's so amazing. I never thought of it this way." She pauses for a minute, likely thinking a bit more about that. "Oh, and good morning Bertha. No, we already broke fast. I'm here to pick up some lunches for the trail. Can you fix us up something? We're planning to just be gone for the day."
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
JoeCarr28

Apples

Post by JoeCarr28 »

“Of course I can, my dearies. You settle yourselves down and I’ll see what I can find in the pantry.”

Bertha disappears for five minutes before returning carrying several paper-wrapped bundles. “Right then, here you go. Just what you need for a hard day of bear hunting. There’s a blue cheese and apple flan, some spiced apple cakes, three slices of my delicious apple pie, and you can take a couple of flasks of cider from the bar - I’m sure Bulster won’t mind. Oh, and here’s something to keep you going until lunchtime …” and she tosses you each a rosy red apple.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Despite his aversion to apple-picking Marcus starts munching on the apple. He nods appreciatively at Bertha for the provisions before going for the flasks of cider.
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Thanks Bertha! You make the best meals in Apple Lane!" Elena says with a radiant smile. She then packs up the meal into one of the sacks, careful to not smash the perishables with the other equipment. She adds a moderate number* of flasks of cider into a sack and ties off both sacks. "Do either of you want to carry a sack?" she says. She definitely appears to not want to carry either, much less both.

"Oh, Bertha! I almost forgot to pay you! Should we pay you now or do you want to put it on the tab?"

OOC: Elena isn't very sure how many flasks Bulster would miss, so she takes two and then tries to gauge whether a third was included in the offer. A flask each makes the most sense to Elena, but wasn't sure if Bertha meant a couple of flasks each or a couple of flasks for everyone.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
JoeCarr28

Silly

Post by JoeCarr28 »

"Oh, don't be silly, I don't want your money. Now, be off with you and get that bear!"

(A flask each of cider is fine).