Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for the playtesting of JoeCarr28's Basic Fantasy Questing supplement, a simple D100 conversion for the Basic Fantasy RPG.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

jcm

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by jcm »

Still working through the supplement. Or should I just dive into character creation?
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Jandolar wrote:Anything new here?
I'm just waiting for people to create their characters, then we're good to go from my side. I appreciate the supplement is a little out of the ordinary, so this might take a bit longer than usual. Again, no problem from my side.

There are a few things that I highlighted previously to be updated on your sheet, specifically:

- Hit points (4d6).
- Magic points (4d3).
- Remove Dwarf bonuses from ability skills on character sheet.
- Select spells.

Also, if you have a picture you'd like to use for your character, I can use that to make a token for the floorplan. No worries if you don't, I'll just pick one from my library.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

jcm wrote:Still working through the supplement. Or should I just dive into character creation?
I'm tempted to say just dive in. The character sheet template that I posted in the Character Roster topic should be a useful guide. I'm here to help if you have any questions.
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

I've also rolled-up a character by way of example - a straightforward fighter type with all the discretionary percentiles going into attack skills - melee weapons (mainly) and missile weapons.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

JoeCarr28 wrote:
Jandolar wrote:Anything new here?
I'm just waiting for people to create their characters, then we're good to go from my side. I appreciate the supplement is a little out of the ordinary, so this might take a bit longer than usual. Again, no problem from my side.

There are a few things that I highlighted previously to be updated on your sheet, specifically:

- Hit points (4d6).
- Magic points (4d3).
- Remove Dwarf bonuses from ability skills on character sheet.
- Select spells.

Also, if you have a picture you'd like to use for your character, I can use that to make a token for the floorplan. No worries if you don't, I'll just pick one from my library.
Dang it. I made all the corrections but apparently either didn't post them or botched to posting. *sigh*

*edit- I updated my sheet in the Character Roster thread.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Last question from me tonight. Can we have the GM roll the dice? I trust that the dice will fall either in favor or against as fate decides. I've used the evilgm dice thing a couple of times but meh....
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Jandolar wrote:Last question from me tonight. Can we have the GM roll the dice? I trust that the dice will fall either in favor or against as fate decides. I've used the evilgm dice thing a couple of times but meh....
Sure no probs. I'll post definitive starting hit points and magic points for all characters shortly.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

JoeCarr28 wrote:
Jandolar wrote:Last question from me tonight. Can we have the GM roll the dice? I trust that the dice will fall either in favor or against as fate decides. I've used the evilgm dice thing a couple of times but meh....
Sure no probs. I'll post definitive starting hit points and magic points for all characters shortly.
Thank you.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

So ... those hit points and magic points:

Targus: highest skill is casting at 68% => 5 hit dice and 5 magic dice. No CON bonus on hit dice; +2 WIS bonus to magic dice. HP = 17; MP = 21.

Filibert: highest skill is open locks /remove traps at 68% => 5 hit dice. Casting skill is 20% => 1 magic die. +1 CON bonus on hit dice; no bonus to magic dice. HP = 28; MP = 1.

Elena: highest skill is casting at 65% => 4 hit dice and 4 magic dice. No CON bonus on hit dice; +2 INT bonus to magic dice. HP = 16; MP = 17.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Still working on my character, if it's not too late. Should be done tonight.