Out-of-Character Chat

A forum for the playtesting of JoeCarr28's Basic Fantasy Questing supplement, a simple D100 conversion for the Basic Fantasy RPG.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

JoeCarr28

Out-of-Character Chat

Post by JoeCarr28 »

This will be the forum for the Basic Fantasy Questing playtest (thanks Solomoriah). Please could all the players make a quick post just to make sure everything's working.

I'll make a start on setting things up. Once everything's straight we'll do some character generation.

We can still accommodate a few more players if anyone else is interested in participating.
Blazeguard

Re: Out-of-Character Chat

Post by Blazeguard »

Testing, testing...is this thing on?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you want to join JoeCarr28's game, you'll need to PM him directly; after he approves you, I'll add you to the group.

(Since non-members can't post here...)
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

OK, once you've consulted the "House Rules" topic and downloaded the relevant supplements, feel free to go ahead and create your character using the template in the "Character Roster" topic.

As this is a playtest, I won't provide any further guidance at this point in time. Let's see if the supplement stands up by itself. However, if anyone gets stuck, or has any questions, comments, suggestions, typos, etc., feel free to raise them in the "Basic Fantasy Questing: Feedback and Questions" topic.

I'm not in any particular rush to start (there will be a fairly relaxed pace to proceedings) so feel free to take your time.

Good luck!
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Jandolar checking in. I'll get the supp printed out and get a character generated today, I hope.

edit* Spent the last couple of hours going through the supplement and I think I've got a character fleshed out. One question though. Since clerical spells are not "memorized" and are instead "prayed for" do I have to write down the 5 levels (3 as a starting classless character and 2 for my wisdom bonus) of spells that I start with or can I decide what spells I want during my morning prayers?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Are we to roll for starting money so that we can purchase other items than the armor/weapons that you listed we chose as starting equipment? I'd like to have a pack and a few other items as well as some spending money in case this starts off in a tavern/bar/pub/etc.. :D
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
jcm

Post by jcm »

Hi all! Checking in.
JoeCarr28

Rule Clarification - Cleric and Magic-User Spells

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Jandolar wrote:One question though. Since clerical spells are not "memorized" and are instead "prayed for" do I have to write down the 5 levels (3 as a starting classless character and 2 for my wisdom bonus) of spells that I start with or can I decide what spells I want during my morning prayers?
As this is essentially a rules question, I've answered it in the 'Feedback and Questions' topic.
JoeCarr28

Starting Equipment / Money for First Scenario

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Jandolar wrote:Are we to roll for starting money so that we can purchase other items than the armor/weapons that you listed we chose as starting equipment? I'd like to have a pack and a few other items as well as some spending money in case this starts off in a tavern/bar/pub/etc.. :D
For the purposes of the first scenario, you won't require any additional equipment or money. Don't worry about it for now.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Anything new here?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18