Shonuff's Art Thread

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Hywaywolf

Re: Shonuff's Art Thread

Post by Hywaywolf »

I like all these, but the rough circle under the dwarven cleric looks like he wet himself. Is he frightened?
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Joe the Rat wrote:Ah, the Teach-bazu, or Blackbeard Devil. Burning matches are a nice touch. Seriosuly, it's a good theme to work from. The scythe is a nice shift as well. Evil reaper.

Although I'm still tempted to put together a naval adventure that includes a Bearded Devil pirate.
I like it.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

"...Chain Devil: the early "mummy of chains" look and the "reject from Hellraiser" look both offend me on an aesthetic level. It should look more devilish if you ask me. I have the image of having chains digging into its flesh, or perhaps linked to it via large, heavy rings piercing its shoulders or arms. A fair number of either. "

LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Holy damn, that is some metal business. :D
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

yes agreed, but do you LIKE them?

next:

Erinyes: I don't see them as true devils, but fallen angels that threw their lot in with the forces of darkness. Maybe something should seem "missing" about them, like their faces are eyeless or their wings are insubstantial and ragged.

LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Oh hey, that's a nice surprise. I like how the wings look broken and mangy... my only criticism is that I think the claws make them look a little bit... harpy-y.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Given the Fury-like role they played in the Nine Hells, it's not too odd an element.
Go with a smile!
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

I thought so too. with the clawed feet, they took on a harpy feel, but i researched the Eirynes. they are a greek based myth and they had clawed feet. with Lass saying they aren't true Devils, they needed to be set apart from the other devil's drawn. All my devils have goat legs and hooves. Demons and demonic creatures all have clawed feet. this differentiated them from the devil host.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

On a side note. My creating and illustrating for BFRPG may slow down here quite a bit. I am not leaving or going away, nor will I shrug away any duties Solo or Smooty wish me to have, but my contributions are going to be put aside for a bit of time.
I am currently working on starting up a Kickstarter for my own comic book company. I have quite alot of artwork that needs doing and that doesn't even include the art for the book itself. Me and Andrew will be making a graphic novel anthology type book for the first publication, which will establish the universe and who's who.

I will be around still and making sure the art is up-to-snuff for Smoot and Solo. And I will be contributing when I can, but art-on-demand will have to cease until I can get the first graphic novel up to the printers. I hope you all understand, and help support our kickstarter in any fashion. (i'm NOT using this forum to advertise, just explaining my lack-of-art-uploads)

Wish me luck!
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Excitement! (I hope I'll still see bone and horned devils eventually though :D )