Shonuff's Art Thread

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
LibraryLass

Re: Shonuff's Art Thread

Post by LibraryLass »

dymondy2k wrote:I know we already have a spined devil but it looks to be a different beast than the barbed devil. I actually already have a write up in the monsters thread for the horned devil..
Yeah, I think they're different. Spined devils are slightly less dorky looking. But a devil with porcupine quills is better than either imo.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

Barbed Devil: You know what I think when I see the usual Barbed Devil? This bit from Doctor Who: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uTyEvLmu7E No more. I envision it looking... devil-y (a certain amount of consistency among the lot would please me-- like castes of a single species), but with wicked-looking porcupine quills on its shoulders, arms, and perhaps its tail (if it has one).

Barbed Devil:
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

Pit Fiend: Head Devils In Charge. They shouldn't be all big hulking Balrogs-- that's what Type VI Demons are for-- but they still look strong. Possibly they wear robes, and it may not be immediately apparent that their wings are not just an outer layer thereof. I envision Chernabog from Disney's Fantasia as the prototype.

LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Niiiiiice.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Great devil images.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

Character sketch for a friend:
Darwin. Dwarven Cleric / Scientologist

chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I don't think I've ever seen an image of a dwarven cleric before. Very nice!
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

"...Bearded Devil: I think the classic design for it with the beady eyes, scruffy and unkempt beard, and sloping forehead looks a little oafish. How you do the devil itself is up to you, but I'd like its beard to be handsomely groomed, with burning matchcord woven or braided into it like legend says Blackbeard used to do, cloaking its face in smoke. Maybe shaggy goat legs, but maybe not."

Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Ah, the Teach-bazu, or Blackbeard Devil. Burning matches are a nice touch. Seriosuly, it's a good theme to work from. The scythe is a nice shift as well. Evil reaper.

Although I'm still tempted to put together a naval adventure that includes a Bearded Devil pirate.
Go with a smile!
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

Glad you like it. I had fun with that one, but this chain devil is really sucking me in.. i'm loving this one thats on my table now..