Burger Babylon Drawings

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Burger Babylon Drawings

Post by Solomoriah »

I was just making sure you understood the rights situation, Burger. (Can I call you Burger?) So anyway, thank you for sharing! We're always needing artwork.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

AlMan wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:00 pm Your monopod thief drawing reminds me of the Dufflepud mentioned in the Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2. Great drawings!
I should check that out. So far I've got the basic rules and a few extras. Thanks man!
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:34 pm I was just making sure you understood the rights situation, Burger. (Can I call you Burger?) So anyway, thank you for sharing! We're always needing artwork.
Heh, Burger sounds good to me. My pleasure and I'm happy to contribute if I can. Thank you for the game!
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

catspider.png
catspider.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 5085 times
Cat Spider for basic fantasy field guide volume 3
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2507&start=140
Last edited by burgerbabylon on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Damn, that's nightmare fuel.

:D

Hey, would you like to take a crack at the Dufflepud? It's basically a dwarflike monopod, which should be decked out for war in chainmail with a spear. This would get you a credit in volume 2 of the Field Guide.

Incidentally, unless you want to appear as "Burger Babylon" in the credits, I'll need you to email or PM me your name as you'd like it to appear.
teaman

Post by teaman »

burgerbabylon wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm
Solomoriah wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 am NICE dragon!

So it's time to ask... are you sharing these to be used in Basic Fantasy Project books? If so, have you read the introductory post explaining how we do things?
Thank you! Yes all the artwork posted here is being donated to BFRPG. None of these are fulfilling any specific requests which is why there's no links yet. I have read the rules. If I understand correctly by uploading I'm granting permission for use, if I'm fulfilling a request or drawing for a specific BFRPG publication I should link it, I should keep it family friendly, and png and greyscale is best for format since these are digital.
Welcome aboard, new artist! Let's keep the community friendly and growing.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:26 am Damn, that's nightmare fuel.

Hey, would you like to take a crack at the Dufflepud? It's basically a dwarflike monopod, which should be decked out for war in chainmail with a spear. This would get you a credit in volume 2 of the Field Guide.

Incidentally, unless you want to appear as "Burger Babylon" in the credits, I'll need you to email or PM me your name as you'd like it to appear.
Sure. I'll take a shot at the Dufflepud. That's perfect, it'll give me a second crack at a monopod and give me a chance to experiment again with drawing chain mail. Good chance to work on my figure drawing as well.

Wish I could find more info on the historical context for monopods. I believe they're an ancient greek myth that carried on into the middle ages. There's some really interesting stuff from back then.

"Burger Babylon" is perfect for credit if any of it goes into print.
teaman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 pm Welcome aboard, new artist! Let's keep the community friendly and growing.
thank you! Lots of nice work you got on here by the way.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

burgerbabylon wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:39 pm"Burger Babylon" is perfect for credit if any of it goes into print.
What is this "if" of which you speak?

Definitely going into print.
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

dufflepud.png
dufflepud.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 5060 times
Solomoriah wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:28 pm
burgerbabylon wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:39 pm"Burger Babylon" is perfect for credit if any of it goes into print.
What is this "if" of which you speak?

Definitely going into print.
Great! How's this for the dufflepud? Could add a little background and/or a shadow if you want more than just the figure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It's great, definitely going in the next release!
teaman

Post by teaman »

I agree on the GREAT part. Also, how are you doing your shading? Graphite with some stumping?

Just curious and hoping to talk shop.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games