Field Guide entries needing art

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
chiisu81

Re: Field Guide entries needing art

Post by chiisu81 »

Draikinator wrote:Hello! I am the natalie that drew the spiderwolf. It's been awhile. I hope this one is more accurate.
Hello and welcome! Your artwork is great, I hope we get to see more!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Dimirag wrote:It might be my fault for saying "spidey-eyes". This is the description given in the file "Spiderwolves are a species of huge wolf-like monsters having eight legs, six eyes, and no tail. They are hairless with gray slimy skin"

Suggestions:
-Add spider type eyes
-Remove tail
-Lengthen the snout
-Loose the hair

I know I'm picky, sorry about that.
I like the tail and the hair. Its a dang spider wolf, both species have hair. I see no reason to delete the tail. Spiders don't have tails but wolves do. Just like wolves don't have 6 eyes or 8 legs but spiders too. So its artist choice. I think the head is shaped perfectly for a combination spider wolf. It does need 6 eyes though.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I know some spiders have hair and no tail, and that all wolves have bot of them, I said that only to show more accuracy. It has a nice head but, INHO, it looks more like a cute fox rather than a menacing wolf.

Hope neither you or Draikinator took any of my comments in a bad way.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

i don't know how she took them, I was just giving a counter argument. I think since its body will be long and have a tail like a wolf, then having a more spidery face gives balance. if you want scarier add some spider fangs.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:i don't know how she took them, I was just giving a counter argument. I think since its body will be long and have a tail like a wolf, then having a more spidery face gives balance. if you want scarier add some spider fangs.
Spiderwolves are neither spider nor wolf. None of the Nazgorean monsters are chimeras... they are all "natural" species in an alien realm. They have no tail, nor fur, as all Nazgoreans are slimy amphibian-like creatures.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

chiisu81 wrote:There's no entry for that in FG R6...
Nazgorean, Hydramander.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Solomoriah wrote:
Hywaywolf wrote:i don't know how she took them, I was just giving a counter argument. I think since its body will be long and have a tail like a wolf, then having a more spidery face gives balance. if you want scarier add some spider fangs.
Spiderwolves are neither spider nor wolf. None of the Nazgorean monsters are chimeras... they are all "natural" species in an alien realm. They have no tail, nor fur, as all Nazgoreans are slimy amphibian-like creatures.
I forgot they were nazgorean
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:
chiisu81 wrote:There's no entry for that in FG R6...
Nazgorean, Hydramander.
Thar she is ;) Yes I do think Natalie's brush work with that skin texture would be PERFECT for this entry.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok I've updated the list, removing the completed works by Martin and Natalie, and have added the Shield Guardian. We have some more potential entries coming in, once they're added to the text I'll update the list again.
AlCook

Post by AlCook »

Is the ape and giant ape still available?