Some drawings

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Seven

Re: Some drawings

Post by Seven »

I think it's a bit dark. Could it be possible to have colourful monsters inside a grey bubble?
Bertal

Post by Bertal »

Seven wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:39 am I think it's a bit dark. Could it be possible to have colourful monsters inside a grey bubble?
It is possible, I'd desaturate (grayscale) the party at the front so we can tell apart foreground from background and color the monsters... matching all colors will be "trickier" than just the party but I'm sure it'll be fun
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Posting pictures here is the first step in your workflow, actually. And I love the cover piece! I hope you don't mind if I bump up the contrast a bit for printing.

EDIT: If you're still working on it, I'll wait. I do need a 300 DPI original, or in pixel terms more than 1500 in width.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I really love the style and composition of the image. Surprise and Fear is apparent on their faces, and the monster collage shows a myriad of threats. Exactly what is needed in a monster compendium (a myriad of threats)!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Bertal

Post by Bertal »

SmootRK wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 am I really love the style and composition of the image. Surprise and Fear is apparent on their faces, and the monster collage shows a myriad of threats. Exactly what is needed in a monster compendium (a myriad of threats)!
Beautiful description, thank you.
Bertal

Post by Bertal »

Seven wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:39 am I think it's a bit dark. Could it be possible to have colourful monsters inside a grey bubble?
Not exactly what you suggested (I believe you can't take dark from a monster), but that led to the following and I find it an interesting turn and I wanted to share... let me know your thoughts...
Best,
Attachments
fg2coverb-by-albert-marcet.png
fg2coverb-by-albert-marcet.png (197.07 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Interesting. Funny, I think I like the first one better, but this may be the better monster book cover. Good stuff Bertal, good stuff!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Bertal

Post by Bertal »

rredmond wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:25 am Interesting. Funny, I think I like the first one better, but this may be the better monster book cover. Good stuff Bertal, good stuff!
I agree very strong and I thank your words
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

This looks Sweet. I like how the colored monsters makes the pop a little more, which I suppose should be the focus of a monster compendium after all. Amazing as always Bertal!
Last edited by CptClyde on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seven

Post by Seven »

The first one is still good, but this one puts the focus on the monsters and I can see the fear on the characters this way. Well done.

Up to Solo to decide.