OOC: Roll With It

This forum is for the rotating GM campaign started by Joe the Rat.

Moderator: Joe the Rat

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: OOC: Roll With It

Post by Solomoriah »

SmootRK wrote:That is exactly why I was proposing finding this Red, or the creepy guys etc. to figure out more or to deal with them (albeit with a less violent bent than a Fighter would have). Everybody else seemed to want to get the hell out of Dodge right away.
Knock 'em down first, and if anything is left, interrogate that. Hamish's way. :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I wasn't joking about killing everyone in the house and searching it. The clues are in there. But solo's wink icon made it look like he thought that was a crazy idea :)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am still up for killing everyone in the house and searching the place. Probablem with that is if there is nothing in the house we don't get credit for defeating them a second time :). But again, there may be clues. Or a trunk that that key unlocks.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Hywaywolf wrote:I am still up for killing everyone in the house and searching the place. Probablem with that is if there is nothing in the house we don't get credit for defeating them a second time :).
Oh don't worry. You'll get a chutzpah bonus either way... Actually I think most of the XP I've tallied so far is chutzpah. Damn rogue-centric parties...
Go with a smile!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Ok, well let's go over our options here:
1 - head to the crossroads (or other location)
2 - kill the baddies and search the house
3 - wait for Red to return
4 - ? (feel free to chime in as I'm sure I've missed some)

If we head out, the stablehand said that Red would be coming back that way so we can try to ambush him on the way.

If we stay here and try to overpower the baddies we risk taking damage and have Red return while we're nursing our wounds.

We could try stashing our gear back in the cellar and pretend that we're still locked up when Red returns and surprise him in the cellar.

I definitely think we should return and search the house at some point but if we can catch Red away from his 'home base' i think that would give us a bit of an advantage.

Thoughts?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Selene's motivation right now is to report back to her superiors, that's why I voted for going to the Crossroads.
Although, the information that she has is pretty sparse, so I guess it would be a good idea to poke around a bit here. I think we should try ambushing Red, and take control of the house that way, rather than fighting the bad guys in the house and risk having Red and creepy guy coming back at an inopportune moment.
That said, if you want to kick butt now, I won't object. :)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

if we go out to ambush we risk the chance that the cook and ol' Gus (or whatever his name is) the stable hand talks with the rest and they decide to come chase us down, which might get us caught in a crossfire. Lets clean up here and set up for an ambush when the baddies come back. we can also search the place to see if we can find something the key unlocks. Knowledge is power, so lets use some muscle power to get some brain power.

When we were in the main room I am sure we got a good look at the layout of the room. We should make sure that the door in the room we were in at the top of the cellar opens into the same room the outside door opens into. We could use both doors to burst in at one time. Open up with range weapons then let the tough guys barrel through to get anyone left standing.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Good point. I'm pretty sure that the cook and the stablehand wouldn't chase after us although I'm not sure about the rest of them.

We haven't checked if there are any other buildings around, have we?

We already have them somewhat pacified with Galen's show plus they seem to be well on their way to getting drunk so we should have the advantage there.

I'm willing to stay and fight it out although I'm not sure how much help Saeloria will be.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

through the back door of teh stable, Muddle saw a cart part leading away and a bunch of collapsed buildings across the road.,
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I want to make sure I am clear about this. Me, the player, wants to beat the crap out of these guys and take their stuff... even just for revenge!

But Galen, the character, is not so violently predisposed. Lover not a Fighter thing. You guys just need to provide the situation where Galen has to help his new friends out with an ass-kickin!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?