House Rules v1

This forum is for the rotating GM campaign started by Joe the Rat.

Moderator: Joe the Rat

Joe the Rat

Re: House Rules v1

Post by Joe the Rat »

I'm going to take this from a narrative perspective - you don't need to buy a weapon belt or baldric to hold your scabbard, but then you don't have one you can use for other purposes - say cinching down to hold the handles of a double-door together to keep them from opening, or an impromptu 3-4' leather rope.

In terms of weight, I'm going to say that we are ignoring the weight of what you are wearing - and I am including belts and pouches and such as being worn. The two exceptions here are armor, and bulky costumes you don't normally wear. (royal regalia is heavy). The contents are still a factor.

On the off-handed torch: I will allow lit torches as an off-hand defensive weapon, but not lanterns. The point of the torch is not the length of wood, but that you've got a big open flame that you're waving around. This also means you can fight defensively with two torches. On lanterns: Do you really want to attempt to block someone's axe with what is basically a tin can molotov cocktail with a handle? If you're lucky, they'll get splash damage when you go up in flames.

...Having said that, I realize someone somewhere is going to figure out how to make that a viable strategy...
Go with a smile!
jcm

Post by jcm »

In terms of weight, I'm going to say that we are ignoring the weight of what you are wearing - and I am including belts and pouches and such as being worn.
Nice.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thanks. I didn't really think you would accept a lantern, but I had to ask :).