House Rules v1

This forum is for the rotating GM campaign started by Joe the Rat.

Moderator: Joe the Rat

Hywaywolf

Re: House Rules v1

Post by Hywaywolf »

I have played with hirelings that served as camp guards. They wouldn't go into dungeons, caves, keeps, or any other place where they could expect battle, but they got paid a lot less than normal retainers and they didn't get XP.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I'm going to go with "No" on hirelings, henchmen, and the like initially, as I don't think you'll need them for the introduction. That said, I've got a couple of ways for you to pick some up early, if you want (or it turns out I've severely boggled the difficulties)
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

early on when you carry everything with you camp guards aren't that important. Once you start having horses and wagons to carry all the stuff you are collecting you need someone to guard them since wagons don't really go into holes in the ground with the adventurers :)
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Okay, I'm going to add point assignment for thief skills (as on p. 142). remember that this applies after 1st level, and you cannot increase a skill by more than 10% in one level. I'm updating the front sheet.
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

awesome
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Joe the Rat wrote:Okay, I'm going to add point assignment for thief skills (as on p. 142). remember that this applies after 1st level, and you cannot increase a skill by more than 10% in one level. I'm updating the front sheet.
Just to keep things simple, I will just keep to the standard progression I set up for the Bard class. Not really wanting to cross that bridge of point allotments yet. It actually never even crossed my mind yet. My own thoughts (that I wrote into the Thug sub-class), is that such a degree of specialization of skills is reserved for the dedicated thief class and not for any of the sub-classes or derived classes.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
jcm

Post by jcm »

Nice! Editing my character sheet now.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

SmootRK wrote:
Joe the Rat wrote:Okay, I'm going to add point assignment for thief skills (as on p. 142). remember that this applies after 1st level, and you cannot increase a skill by more than 10% in one level. I'm updating the front sheet.
Just to keep things simple, I will just keep to the standard progression I set up for the Bard class. Not really wanting to cross that bridge of point allotments yet. It actually never even crossed my mind yet. My own thoughts (that I wrote into the Thug sub-class), is that such a degree of specialization of skills is reserved for the dedicated thief class and not for any of the sub-classes or derived classes.
Well yeah, I said thief skills, not bard skills. ;)

I figured you would probably want to run it straight for testing. For the rest, we'll set fire to those bridges when we get to them. Possibly even while we're not standing on them.
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Question about Two handed combat and using the off hand in defense. Can I use a Torch in the oft hand and use it defensively to get the AC bonus?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Also, a couple questions about the Equipment emporium. How much of this stuff will you require that the BTB doesn't require. Example, BTB we just buy a weapon and a backpack. Emporium provides a weapon belt. If I don't buy a weapon belt, then will you tell me that I am carrying, my weapon in my hand all the time :).

2nd question. If you do require additional equipment should the Carrying Capacity and the Lightly/Heavily Loaded weights be increase to reflect the additional weight being carried that was previously assumed being carried and not counted toward encumbrance?

Oh, and an add-on to my previous question. If you allow a torch for defense in two handed weapons, would a lantern work as well?