BPRG PbP Recruitment

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Raellus

BPRG PbP Recruitment

Post by Raellus »

Hi guys.

I'm hope I'm not violating forum etiquette by posting this here.

I'd love to play in a BFRPG campaign, but I'm too chicken to ask my FtF gaming group DM to switch from D&D 4e (blech) and I haven't found an online PbP game where I would slot in well. So, I figured I'd do the next best thing and start a BFRPG campaign of my own. If you'd like to play, I'd like to have you. I know that this forum has a PbP section, but I've been running a Twilight 2000 PbP campaign on RPOL for six years now, and I'd prefer to use a site that I am already quite familiar and comfortable with. Here's a link to the game:

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=56315&date=1373253992

Once you get there, click on the Game Info tab for a little bit about my GM'ing style and expectations.

I've never played or GM'ed BFRPG (or any other high fantasy RPG) before so you'll have to go easy on me. However, as I mentioned, I do have some PbP game management experience.

If you're interested, please let me know. I've also invited some of my players from my T2K PbP. I hope to build a party of 6-8 PCs.

Cheers,

Rae
dymondy2k

Re: BPRG PbP Recruitment

Post by dymondy2k »

I might be interested in playing.. I was in one here but it kinda petered out..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I would play in another hosted here. Honestly, I have no desire to join yet another site. Nothing against any site, mind you, just that I hate juggling all the various locations of things. My online life is rather simple these days... just a few key sites to deal with. Basically, this site IS my BFRPG and general gaming location (along with a minor presence on Dragonsfoot). Perhaps just laziness or simple apathy for me, but I like my BFRPG located here.

As far as your "etiquette" for this site... you are absolutely welcome to mention PbP role-play opportunities here! Especially for games using BFRPG! That is about as On Topic as one can be.

Even with your game being hosted elsewhere, I hope that you post updates about it and otherwise share your experience with everyone here. We all gain from the collective experience of everyone playing.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Raellus

Post by Raellus »

@Dymondy: Check out the game site and see if it looks like something you'd like to be a part of. I'm still looking for 2-3 more players.

@Smoot: I understand about the site preference thing. I'm pretty set in my ways too. RPOL was where I played my first PBP like eight or nine years ago, so that's where I feel most comfortable, even though there are lots of other similar sites out there. RPOL isn't as pretty as something like Roll20 (which I just saw for the first time a couple of days ago, based on a recommendation from someone here) but it's easy to use and it has more or less everything you'd need to run/play a PbP already built in. After running a game there for 6 years now, starting one on another site seems like it would be a bit of a hassle.

I found two BFRPG games already there (using the site's game search function) but neither one really spoke to me (both of them looked fairly new but, IIRC, one of them appeared to have pretty much petered out already).

Once my campaign gets going, I'll make sure to post some of the stuff we produce here somewhere.

All of that said, the invitation is still open.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am in the same place as Smoot. I'd like to join another game, but I already have too many different games scattered across 4 different sites. I don't want to add another location I have to remember to check. My memory just ain't what it used to be :).
Raellus

Post by Raellus »

That's unfortunate, being as I'd really like you guys to come and play. I kind of get it. When I registered for this forum, it slightly complicated my daily browsing routine as well. It makes sense to concentrate all things BFRPG here, and if the forum had a couple more PbP-friendly features, I just might have done it. But, my comfort level on RPOL is very high and it has those couple of extra features (like a dice roller) that make GM'ing a bit easier. Also, playing BFRPG elsewhere increases its visibility, so you could think of yourself as a BFRPG ambassador showing the flag off in a foreign land.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Raellus wrote:That's unfortunate, being as I'd really like you guys to come and play. I kind of get it. When I registered for this forum, it slightly complicated my daily browsing routine as well. It makes sense to concentrate all things BFRPG here, and if the forum had a couple more PbP-friendly features, I just might have done it. But, my comfort level on RPOL is very high and it has those couple of extra features (like a dice roller) that make GM'ing a bit easier. Also, playing BFRPG elsewhere increases its visibility, so you could think of yourself as a BFRPG ambassador showing the flag off in a foreign land.
Just to be clear, I think it is awesome for BFRPG to propagate around various locations... and I think any endeavors to do so are very worthy efforts. I am just a little lazy to want to deal with another website. If you need any advice, assistance, or just sharing, I hope you make use of the folks here too.

Hopefully certain plugins might be available here as well that help to allow more games here in a manner that others are becoming accustomed to via some of the other sites' offerings. I am frankly ignorant of most such things. In most game I have participated in, I just like to say what I want to do and let the GM do all the various rolls and such whether to hit, damage, saves, etc. I just don't see the point of being that person who hits the "roll virtual die button"; all the same to me if GM does that stuff.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

OK I just need to know where you want me to start as far as character roll up goes..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I've been on the fence about this simply because I'm in several games already, but what the heck, I'll jump in. What's one more game? ;)
I'll go over and sign up tonight after supper.

As an aside, I use a plugin for Firefox called Speed Dial that basically lets you set up 'pages' of favorites with a little mini screenshot for each favorite. I have one tab dedicated to pbp games and just put all the different sites together and then I can see them all at a glance. Just thought someone else might find it useful as well.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

My card is pretty full. I've got the one here I'm running, Marketstone pbp, a Saturday roll20 that I'm behind on writing up, a Friday ftf game that may be restarting and re-recruiting, my kingdom's 400th anniversary to prepare for, and three supplements to revise. I'm swamped.
Go with a smile!