How Many are DM'ing or Playing in a BFRPG game?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
dymondy2k

How Many are DM'ing or Playing in a BFRPG game?

Post by dymondy2k »

I'm actually really curious about this? How many of you guys are actively either DM'ing or playing in a BFRPG game? This DOESN'T include Play by Post but does include using Roll20 for live gaming? I'm excluding Play by Post because it seems like its just the same people playing in all the games.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
SmootRK

Re: How Many are DM'ing or Playing in a BFRPG game?

Post by SmootRK »

On a rather sporadic basis I run BFRPG for my children, but it is not much of a campaign; rather like small scenarios using same characters using a roll-play mentality primarily.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Not counting pbp then I have one live BFRPG on roll20. This game has been running for about Dec '12 so about 5 months or so. I have 2 excluded games and one of them has been running for about a year or so.
bigjawhite

Post by bigjawhite »

I DM a BF RPG campaign. my group has played a variety of D&D editions and clones. moldvay, labyrinth lord, AD&D, 4e, and 5e. We're two games into BFRPG, and enjoying. The moldvay versions of D&D are my favorite. Some members of my group prefer a little more crunch. We all welcome some of the modern d20 mechanics. BFRPG certainly hits a sweet spot for us.

my group is mid 20's to mid 40's, and my son who is 8. we game 1 - 2 times per month. my homebrew stuff. series of one-shots, with interwoven arc of intrigue and epic bad guy(s). Lots of XP, it is my goal to have everyone name level by the end of the year so we can build some strongholds. we'll end the campaign with the PCs defending their keeps against onslaughts of bad guys.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

My regular game in my campaign world of Glain has been running under BFRPG for several months now. Before that, I ran a low-level campaign set in First Fantasy Blackmoor.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
vfults

Post by vfults »

I ran a BFRPG campaign using Karameikos as the setting that lasted for about three months; I wrapped it up two weeks ago because I'm preparing for a cross-country move and am in the process of packing up/shipping my gaming material. I've also used BFRPG with Morgansfort several times in one-off games to show players used to rules bloat how an old-school game is played.
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

I'm still running games with my three sons off and on. Though we haven't done anything since new years.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I've been playing in the Teluria campaign, live online (Maptool, then Roll20) for over a year now. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze some of my gear work into play.

I'd like to add a family BFRPG game, or use it for my turn on Dads & Daughters. I think it will be a bit of culture shock from the crunchtastic world of 3.5 RPGA style.
Go with a smile!
saskganesh

Post by saskganesh »

Started my tabletop Savea Costa game in late Jan 2011, we played twice a week for a few months. Pretty much the first dungeon in Morgansfort. Then my two players took off what turned out to be ... six months.

Rebooted in Nov 2011 with one holdover player, who recruited three more, and I found another one making table of six! I started them almost-at-2nd level and resumed play on biweekly schedule. We got out of the dungeons and started exploring the nearby wilderness.

The Savea Costa is part of a homebrew campaign world that I originally created for Rolemaster back around 1986.

Because of life and stuff, some players have moved on, but we have always found new players in the network. Note that I live in a large city full of creative types and potential gamers.

June 2013: still playing. I have two players remaining from Nov 2011, another from Jan 2012 (?) and we just added two new players In March. Looking to add a sixth, next session (June 15th). Core group seems solid and committed for the summer.The group is uni students/uni librarians and a HS teacher. Ages are 20-46. The lead characters are getting close to 6th level. Anyhow great people who are a pleasure to DM for.

Lots of roleplay, travel, politics, intrigue, punctuated by tough fights. Short dungeons only.

I use BFRPG because it's well written, approachable, flexible/hackable and ... free. And it's pretty fun.
@----
3rd year of GMing BFRPG on the Savea Costa. Now back to a six player table.
Mr Dark

Post by Mr Dark »

My campaign has just switched over to BFRPG for various reasons. We have had our first session and I plan a side game with my kids and maybe a couple others.
Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!!