CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Blazeguard

Re: CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

Post by Blazeguard »

Does this include Amazon.ca? I've been checking periodically and it still hasn't appeared on the Canadian site.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Blazeguard wrote:Does this include Amazon.ca? I've been checking periodically and it still hasn't appeared on the Canadian site.
Probably just a matter of time before it propagates through all the Amazon national divisions.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Awesome. Congrats to you Chris, and your crack BFRPG team!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Fabio_MP

Post by Fabio_MP »

great :)

I must admit that I got 5 BFRPG copies (3 from .de and 2 from .it) and 1 of each adventure :) but that still leaves an outstanding 84 BFRPG manuals :)

would be interesting to know where they were bought :)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Fabio_MP wrote:great :)

I must admit that I got 5 BFRPG copies (3 from .de and 2 from .it) and 1 of each adventure :) but that still leaves an outstanding 84 BFRPG manuals :)

would be interesting to know where they were bought :)
I agree. If it seems there is a buzz going on in a certain country (other than USA), then it stands to reason that we might put forth some addition effort there.. talking translation primarily to native language, but perhaps also adventures/supplements that somehow work towards the culture of that region. For instance, if the sales is localized in Northern (Njordic) parts of Europe, then perhaps we could work up a viking sort of themed adventure, or if UK then perhaps something more "Arthurian Legend", etc.

My Aunt in Madrid, who is Filipino who teaches proper English to Spaniard professionals there, is coming to stay in our town (starting with our house initially). I am thinking I am going to see if she might like to work on a Spanish (of the European Spain sort) language translation.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

99 copies of the Core Rules as of right now via CreateSpace. No idea what countries, though I do know that at least a few were sold in the UK and more through the "generic" European channel.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

SmootRK wrote:... perhaps also adventures/supplements that somehow work towards the culture of that region. For instance, if the sales is localized in Northern (Njordic) parts of Europe, then perhaps we could work up a viking sort of themed adventure, or if UK then perhaps something more "Arthurian Legend", etc.
You're showing your American prejudice, Mr. Smoot, though not badly so. I live 45 miles from Hannibal, MO, a place where people flock at certain times of year to pay homage to Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain to those who don't remember his real name). We wouldn't really be all that interested in a Tom Sawyer-themed adventure, as we're fairly swimming in commercialized Twain materials. I suspect I, a resident of the midwestern USA, am more interested in Vikings and King Arthur than many who live in the relevant countries.

Most people find themselves drawn to that which is exotic and different, then hammer it like the proverbial square peg into the round hole of the relevant and familiar. It's just what we do. :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah wrote:
SmootRK wrote:... perhaps also adventures/supplements that somehow work towards the culture of that region. For instance, if the sales is localized in Northern (Njordic) parts of Europe, then perhaps we could work up a viking sort of themed adventure, or if UK then perhaps something more "Arthurian Legend", etc.
You're showing your American prejudice, Mr. Smoot, though not badly so. I live 45 miles from Hannibal, MO, a place where people flock at certain times of year to pay homage to Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain to those who don't remember his real name). We wouldn't really be all that interested in a Tom Sawyer-themed adventure, as we're fairly swimming in commercialized Twain materials. I suspect I, a resident of the midwestern USA, am more interested in Vikings and King Arthur than many who live in the relevant countries.

Most people find themselves drawn to that which is exotic and different, then hammer it like the proverbial square peg into the round hole of the relevant and familiar. It's just what we do. :D
Perhaps so. I am so American, having family tree going back to Jamestown, being related to Betsy Ross and more from early America (and pre-America). As such, I have no alt-heritage to fall on like most others (it seems). Can't really say German-American, Italian-American, or even really British-American... just too far removed from all the old world. I am so homogenized, having such lineages that track back to countless regions and cultures. I am even partially Native American (Seminole), but one could not ever tell... and then my wife is Asian (Filipino) so my children have a substantial genetic mix.

Through it all, I suppose, leaves me longing for various cultural angles on some topics. Personally, I would love a BFRPG game set upon a slightly different cultural-bent. But, I never characterized my perspective as American Prejudice... more of "cultural envy".
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

*rubs chin*

A Tom Sawyer adventure..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Solomoriah wrote: Most people find themselves drawn to that which is exotic and different, ...
Something like an intrigue game where all the politicians are honest and work for the betterment of the people?