CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
dymondy2k

Re: CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

Post by dymondy2k »

I say we invade and fix that little problem....
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Fabio_MP

Post by Fabio_MP »

Blazeguard wrote: Unfortunately, yes. To get something shipped to Canada from the US is at least double if not more than shipping it within the US. It doesn't make any more sense to us here.
O___O

I thought it was just one big postal area.... with the various commercial agreement and everything... here to get something shipped from the UK to Italy is not much different than to get something from Italy (and UK is still out of Euro), obviously I get more offer from Italian shops (amazon.it and other store have a lot of free shipping offers) but the difference is a few euro
Jacqual

Post by Jacqual »

Hi all I live in Canada it does not show in amazon.ca yet I hope it will soon. On the cost for shipping I was going to order 4 rule books and the Morgonsfort, and Glain campaign (hope I spelled it right) total cost was US$ 25.63 or such Not eleigible for free shipping due to me being in Canada. Shipping was US$ 30.00 making the total over US$ 55. and change :(. So I am holding off on ordering it to see if it shows on amazon.ca in the near future. BTW good job guys on getting to this point in publication :)
Jacqual
Wandering Mage
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

How much more would it take to clear for free shipping?

Until shipping and e-commerce markets rationalize in North America, clearly the solution is to have more products!
:mrgreen:
Go with a smile!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Here is a slightly related thing...

How about setting up "game boxes" such as what the old games came in. This site does boxes( https://community.thegamecrafter.com/pu ... m-game-box ), and I don't mean necessarily to use this site, but it makes me think that somebody might do boxes that people can choose to order (sans contents). I know, probably limited group, but if they can order boxes individually like createspace or lulu does the books, then perhaps people might like them too.

Have we ever looked into such a thing?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

SmootRK wrote:Here is a slightly related thing...

How about setting up "game boxes" such as what the old games came in. This site does boxes( https://community.thegamecrafter.com/pu ... m-game-box ), and I don't mean necessarily to use this site, but it makes me think that somebody might do boxes that people can choose to order (sans contents). I know, probably limited group, but if they can order boxes individually like createspace or lulu does the books, then perhaps people might like them too.

Have we ever looked into such a thing?
...I like this plan.
Yes.
An actual boxset would be coolest of all, but that's a tricky proposition.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

This has been discussed before. Solomoriah's statement was, "If you want a game box, create one." LOL

Here is the thread where we were discussing it. I still like the idea ... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=643&st=0&sk=t&sd=a& ... x&start=30
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

That is right. I remember that now. I still think it would be nice to have a box that can be ordered individually.

I also seem to remember somebody making a general old school box for games... had Erol Otis art on it even. I wonder if that is still for sale.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, I am NOT getting involved in distribution. That's why I went Lulu in the first place.

BTW... 130 sales on Amazon/CreateSpace since the 14th. That's just the Core Rules; BF1 = 23, BF2 = 25, JN1 = 17, JN2 = 19.

Looking at the Core Rules alone, that's more than 10 copies per day. On Lulu, I've sold 719 copies of the Core Rules since February 19, 2007; about a third of a book per day, or alternately, a book every three days.

Egad.

Of course, it's unlikely that sales will continue at that level. I'm assuming many of the purchasers are people who either wouldn't or couldn't pay Lulu's price, either for the product or the shipping. That pool will surely run out. Still, I'm really surprised.

That makes the total Core Rules sales figure 849 units. Wow.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so, 139 copies of the Core Rules sold in February; that's just two weeks. And for March? 6 copies. That's just today.

I had NO idea there were that many people who wanted to buy copies via Amazon.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org