Hullo Everyone

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Eohelm92

Hullo Everyone

Post by Eohelm92 »

I'm new here, having discovered BFRPG after spending a lot of time doing local E6 D&D with friends. I love the idea of BFRPG, but after moving to college in Washington State, I haven't had a chance to do a good game (the only group available to me having two or three players that did the "chaotic stupid" role to get us in as many unnecessary deaths as possible).

I have zero experience playing with others online whatsoever, but I enjoy roleplaying, am not a major rules lawyer, and I am pretty good with being on time and punctual, so long as I am part of a schedule I can fit. And I am eager to learn how to play online, especially after reading how cool the Marketstone Campaign was.

Anyway, if anyone would have any suggestions for games that need a player or for someone looking to start a game, and where I could go or who I could contact? Thanks, all. This seems like a friendly bunch.
Metroknight

Re: Hullo Everyone

Post by Metroknight »

Hi Ecohelm92 and welcome to a friendly slice of the web. Are you looking for live online gaming or a play by post gaming style? If it is play by post, they have some here and I'm running one over on Mayhem Gaming forums.

If it is a live online game then I know someone here other then me is running one on Roll20. I would toss my game up for you but I'm at max players already. Good luck and don't despair if no one responds fast to you.

C'ya around.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Welcome aboard.

There are a lot of pbp games going on at http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/ and you should be able to find something there that is open.

Good luck.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Welcome to BFRPG. Here is a thread where someone is looking for players in an online live chat game ... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=754
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Welcome to the forums!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
jackel

Post by jackel »

Welcome aboard. Do you want to do play by post or the live chat, should be what you ask yourself first. If you want in I could squeeze you into mine. I have 6 players, but the more vict....players the better. If you want in let me know, it is on another forum.
Eohelm92

Post by Eohelm92 »

Thanks for the nice greetings everyone.

Personally I think I would be more comfortable with the play-by-post, as my job (Residential Advisor) means that, on the whole, I can totally make deadlines. But my work is sporadic and random enough that a resident could need me for something important or life threatening mid-game if I did live chat.

And that's no fun for anyone.

Hi, Jackel. For the game you are talking about hosting, would you be more comfortable PMing me more details? (I'm assuming it's PbP, your post wasn't very specific). Otherwise, thanks for the offer if it's live-chat, but I don't want to run the risk that my work can make a game difficult for others involved. :)