MapMatic +2 Beta Test

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hywaywolf

Re: MapMatic +2 Beta Test

Post by Hywaywolf »

Cool, the upload works now. Nice work, Solomoriah.

Now another question, When I click to download of a map it wants to save it with .map extension. Is that intentional so that when it uploads again it will work properly. Is .map a regular text file?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

.map is a Unix-format text file. Wordpad will read it, but Notepad will likely choke on it. It's the internal format used on the web server.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok I just opened my downloaded file with wordpad. Success there. Now I just need to leave my session up long enough to time out and see if I can log back in successfully. If that works then I am out of complaints. Hope I wasn't to big of a pest.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

grrr, I still get sent to the host gator error page after my session expires and I try to log in again
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Pretty difficult, actually. The Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V works because those are the standard copy and paste keys, and I carefully make the "cell contents" field remain focused all the time while you are clicking.

EDIT: What happened to the post I was replying to?

Never mind.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thats cool. I can make a code string document to cut and paste from

By the way, did you ever get a chance to look at my question about the 1/4 circles without the partial fill?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:grrr, I still get sent to the host gator error page after my session expires and I try to log in again
I think I have this resolved now. However, I'm not sure how exactly you are getting to that page... please post the URL that shows in your address bar when you see the error message, if it happens again.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:By the way, did you ever get a chance to look at my question about the 1/4 circles without the partial fill?
Hmm. I'm just now looking at it. This is supposed to be a shaft at the end of a tunnel, correct?

Not sure how to handle it. Yes, I could put in a curved, non-filled tile like you have requested; but I think what is really needed is a large round pit tile of some sort.

Let me think it over.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I no longer get the session time-out.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, sorry, but I'm not really done. :) These following comments are all just things that would be nice to have but aren't necessary.

What does the update button do? I had hoped that it saved my map without leaving the Edit screen. Right now it doesn't seem to do anything. Now when I want to save but continue editing I have to click 'save' then click 'return to menu' then click the chosen map to reenter edit mode.

Can we get a button on the edit screen that allows us to view map without having to go back to the main menu, then return to the edit screen without having to go to the main menu yet again?