Tiefling Feedback

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
darrylkoster

Re: Tiefling Feedback

Post by darrylkoster »

Try this group on meetup.com:
http://www.meetup.com/CS-RPG/

We have a meetup.com site and a facebook group that we use out here to find other players.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

They are nice group of people, and very active. Alas my lack of game is related to my lack of time/energy due to other factors than a lack of options. Too much going on lately.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Bariurs are WotC IP, but perhaps we can do something similar. I think that using Faun/Ibix from the New Races Supplement could be a base, perhaps a third subrace type which are planar, possibly as the progenitors of those races. Needs a name.

Charge/Ram ability
Strong body type - uses one HD type larger (like half-ogre/Bisron), +2 on strength checks for doors/bars/dragging etc.

I need to review Planescape material for a little inspiration for more abilities.
darrylkoster

Post by darrylkoster »

I have the AD&D Planescape material on PDF if you need it, but I'd rather send you URL's for things like that in an PM or email. Let me know if you need those.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Please do so. I have the stuff as pdfs also, but I have to search it out on an external hard drive that I don't have hooked up right now (and I keep it outside the home for backup). my handle is the same at gmail.com
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

We know Bauriar is a WotC IP name, but I was thinking of an alternate. I came up with Sataur (combo of Satyr and Centaur). Thoughts?

In game terms, they advance as Fighters or Clerics (Barbarian, Rangers & Druids often if those are used). Strength and HD advanced (as Half-Ogres, due to mass and being quadrupeds). Carry Capacity increased. Headbutt attack. +4 bonus vs any check (combat or otherwise) that might trip or knock down (sure footed quadruped). Darkvision out to 60' (but I don't really know why this is traditional for them).

Fluff-wise, they are primarily found in various planar regions that are mountainous. They move about the cliffs like mountain-goats do. They are aggressive, especially during mating seasons, and take slights easily. They often shave and otherwise style their fur in various personal patterns which are changed regularly. They are fond of wandering at times, so they can be found in regions unlike their typical mountains but usually as individuals or small groups of individuals from various clans. A few individuals prefer urban environs, but they are usually looked at as oddities in Sataur circles.
drcheckmate

Post by drcheckmate »

darrylkoster wrote:Too bad we lost the work that the original poster put into his "Helltouched" race. It shouldn't be too difficult to do anyhow.
Try the links again... Sorry about that.

edit: http://drcheckmate.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... l-touched/
http://cruiserolympia.org/site/
The USS Olympia could use some help.
drcheckmate

Post by drcheckmate »

Have y'all started the other thread, cause I would like to participate in this if that would be ok.
http://cruiserolympia.org/site/
The USS Olympia could use some help.