Basic Fantasy Bloggers

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
drcheckmate

Basic Fantasy Bloggers

Post by drcheckmate »

Just wondering what Solomoriah's thoughts on folks blogging their BFRPG rather than producing pdfs, etc.

I ask, cause it seems that basicfantasy.org is the only place on the net where there is any activity with the system. I exaggerate for effect, but not much.
http://cruiserolympia.org/site/
The USS Olympia could use some help.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy Bloggers

Post by Solomoriah »

My thoughts are: Do as you will, so long as you don't violate the licenses.

Seriously. I'm not that big a control freak.

The reason basicfantasy.org seems to be the only place where materials are available is the fact that I have been very inclusive with the site. People ask me about publishing their works (for free) and I bring them into the project.

If you have game materials you're planning to give away for free, and you'd like them to be on basicfantasy.org, send 'em on, I'll get them into the standard format and put them on the site.

Now, having said that, there are a number of BFRPG game material threads on the Dragonsfoot Workshop forum... basicfantasy.org is not the only place for it. Also note that it is easy to use materials created for Labyrinth Lord, Swords & Wizardry, and even OSRIC (though the latter might take a bit more work to convert).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
drcheckmate

Re: Basic Fantasy Bloggers

Post by drcheckmate »

Cool. When I get to the point where I might want to post some pdfs, I'll drop you a line.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a protocol before I broke it.
http://cruiserolympia.org/site/
The USS Olympia could use some help.