Embedding font in a form

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
miqued

Embedding font in a form

Post by miqued »

OK, I've searched high and low in libreoffice forums, and I've come up completely dry.

I like the index card-sized character sheet for the level 0 character tumbler, especially for NPCs. I took that sheet, recreated it from scratch in Calc with some changes, brought it over to Draw, and added all the form fields.

When I export it as a PDF, seemingly regardless of the options I choose, the fonts for the form fields remain whatever the standard font is. The fields all work, and they correctly read the font size from the form properties, but the font itself (soutane) is not being used. The non-form parts of the sheet are properly embedded. Only the form fields are not taking the selected font.

I can get screenshots later, but I set the font in the same menu where you set the "tab order" of the fields. I have tried embedding it to the document, exporting to PDF 1/2/3, checking universal accessibility, unchecking all options, and nothing makes it stick. I even moved the fonts from being installed "personally" to installing them systemwide.

Any ideas?

Edit: Libreoffice 7.5
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Embedding font in a form

Post by Solomoriah »

I have no idea how forms actually work (never messed with them) but I feel like I should mention that we are now using a "repackaged" Soutane to work around some issues. Fonts are available from the Templates thread.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
miqued

Re: Embedding font in a form

Post by miqued »

I swapped out the fonts to the Basic Fantasy versions, and it didn't change anything. However, I installed the free version of Master PDF Editor (4.3.89), and it is able to set everything exactly right. I'm not sure how others may install the software. I just installed it from the Arch Linux User Repository. Looking to add the index card sheet to the workshop later today
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D