It happened: OGL 1.0a remains untouched!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
wezlo

Re: It happened: OGL 1.0a remains untouched!

Post by wezlo »

gabeprime wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:21 am I’m obviously biased in wanting the schnauzers be in the core book.

I started off feeling neutral about them as it was just a drawing I was asked to do. But over time I got more invested in the idea of these being the new Basic Fantasy kobolds after posting them on Facebook and the feedback we got.

But I do get it if we don’t end up using them. I’m all for doing what’s best for the project.
I do like my idea of making them ALL kobolds, which are the product of magical experimentation, and the more monstrous the kobold looks the more likely it’s going to be well-adjusted and generous.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

gabeprime wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:21 am I’m obviously biased in wanting the schnauzers be in the core book.

I started off feeling neutral about them as it was just a drawing I was asked to do. But over time I got more invested in the idea of these being the new Basic Fantasy kobolds after posting them on Facebook and the feedback we got.

But I do get it if we don’t end up using them. I’m all for doing what’s best for the project.
In my game Gabe Kobolds are the only kobolds! though the blue skinned horned silver eaters are what happens to them as they "level up"
No matter where you go...there you are
knghtbrd

Post by knghtbrd »

lars_alexander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:08 pm I prefer to use BFRPG CC BY 4.0.
Solo's already indicated he intends to stay CC-BY-SA 4.0 which has the sharealike component the D&D 5.1 SRD under the CC-BY 4.0 doesn't require. I'm good with either one. CC-BY would more easily allow you to use stuff in something ORC Licensed down the line if you wanted (presuming that the ORC License is what I intend to push it to be), but I don't perceive that to be a goal for this project.

And it doesn't have to be! If you're going to use something from BFRPG, cite it for its inspiration, write the stuff you're using in the style and tone that fits your game, and be done with it. Just don't copypasta.

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:36 pm What would you guys think about taking the horned version of RamsHorn's kobold the "standard" kobold? Horned, dog-headed but not reptilian keeps us clean, and lots of people liked that depiction.
I LIKE IT! But I also like Gabe's. I'm wondering if maybe the two could both exist and be somewhat related kin?

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:57 pm And it's why I'm wanting to go back to traditional names in most cases.
You didn't need to change a bunch of those names anyway. I know why you did, but where it seems safe to revert, definitely you should. If Hasbro has a problem with it, they'll let you know and ask you to fix it going forward. Easily done.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

knghtbrd wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:54 am And it doesn't have to be! If you're going to use something from BFRPG, cite it for its inspiration, write the stuff you're using in the style and tone that fits your game, and be done with it. Just don't copypasta.
This.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Seven

Post by Seven »

My kobolds looks like dogs but my idea of dogs include everything from the Chihuahua to the Tibetan Mastiff.