BF1 module in Foundry VTT

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hamish The PolarBear

BF1 module in Foundry VTT

Post by Hamish The PolarBear »

I have been chatting about using BFRPG with Foundry VTT in other topics but it was suggested that I make separate topics for things I want to do. :)

This is the first one. Since I want to get my players started with The Olde Island Fortress from BF1, I am already building that in FVTT and I plan to put the rest of BF1 in as well. I am just making sure I am not breaking any rules or using any content in a way that is prohibited. Obviously even commercial games materials are fine to use for personal gaming but once it is done I want to release BF1 as a BFRPG FVTT module for the community to use.

I think, from the replies I had elsewhere, that I should be fine to do this but I wanted to have clarity and offer a progress report topic.

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks for me, getting back into GMing in general and then starting to learn FVTT. Next week I am going to get DungeonDraft (and possibly WonderDraft) since I am in no way artistic myself but I think these tools would allow me to make a reasonably nice interpretation of the game maps in the module. I am psyched for TTRPGing again and I intend to jump in with both feet with BFRPG and others.

I hope I can make myself useful in some small way with this sort of project. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BF1 module in Foundry VTT

Post by Solomoriah »

Hamish, I appreciate the project; however, because this topic neither contains materials nor points to them, it's not (yet) a Workshop topic. Never fear however, it just goes to General Discussion, and I've moved it for you. When you have a working module or even just a sample to point at, let me know and I'll move it back.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hamish The PolarBear

Oh, my apologies :oops:
miqued

Post by miqued »

Just popping in real quick to say if you will use dungeondraft, I have a pack for it called BXIcons on Cartography Assets for free download. That site is down for now, but here's a zip file with the icon packs. There's one in blue and one in black. It's what I use to make maps for my own use.

I'm going to give this a new coat of paint for the Workshop and replace the currently-used font with Soutane to match Basic Fantasy's aesthetic. The font used in it now is Jackwrite, which is licensed under SIL Open Font license.

Here's a picture of the icons in the pack:[attachment=0]BXIcons-Black-v0.3-Sample.png[/attachment]

Editing to say, I made the pack, it's mine and I do have the rights to share it. I only found out the site was down, because I wanted to double check which license I released it under. I can't see that right now, but I believe it's CC-BY-NC(-SA?)... either way, it is good to be used for this and other Basic Fantasy projects. I'll revisit the license area once I revise it and am able to access the site once again
Attachments
BXIcons-Black-v0.3-Sample.png
BXIcons-Black-v0.3-Sample.png (70.03 KiB) Viewed 515 times
BXIcons.zip
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D
Hamish The PolarBear

Thank you, Miqued!
Hamish The PolarBear

I now have Dungeondraft (and Wonderdraft) as well as Foundry VTT and the building of The Olde Island Fortress is proceeding.

I have two queries so far:

Should the XP for the Giant Caecilia be adjusted because of them being young ones and a lot lower threat? When I entered them into FVTT the XP reward was 145.

Using this adventure as a jump-right-in for my new players with new characters, where is the entrance / starting point? The West entrance (presumably the original entrance when the fortress was in use) is covered up and, from reading the notes, appears to be expected to be discovered from the inside via the large secret passages. The SW area seems to be just an internal stairwell down to the lower level, is there meant to be a door to the outside there too? The most likely starting point going by the room numbering and the notes is the stairwell to the North of Room 1 but there is no way to reach that from the outside so I am confused. Sorry if I am being Mr. Thickie here - it has been many years since I had to read a proper dungeon map! The image below is the WIP of my map interpretation with the areas marked on for illustration.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

They should have XP consistent with their hit dice as per the Core Rules.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org