Are Clerics Underrated?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Metroknight

Re: Are Clerics Underrated?

Post by Metroknight »

A player of mine plays a Dwarven Cleric who uses a maul for their weapon. She usually smashes anything she goes up against and undead gets turned which usually gives her a shot from behind also.
Tazer_The_Yoot

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

I've always been a big fan of Clerics and Thief/Cleric multiclass in these old school games. Just something about the flavor of those. I think high-level Magic Users are objectively the most powerful and fun to play, but Clerics are awesome from day 1.
Kane

Post by Kane »

Tazer_The_Yoot wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:26 pm I've always been a big fan of Clerics and Thief/Cleric multiclass in these old school games. Just something about the flavor of those. I think high-level Magic Users are objectively the most powerful and fun to play, but Clerics are awesome from day 1.
I play an Elven Fighter/Mage most of the time, which is basically a Cleric with a stupid-high XP requirement.
Tazer_The_Yoot

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

Kane wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:59 pm
Tazer_The_Yoot wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:26 pm I've always been a big fan of Clerics and Thief/Cleric multiclass in these old school games. Just something about the flavor of those. I think high-level Magic Users are objectively the most powerful and fun to play, but Clerics are awesome from day 1.
I play an Elven Fighter/Mage most of the time, which is basically a Cleric with a stupid-high XP requirement.
And those nice, pointy ears for listening to the song that secret doors silently sing.