The MegaKeep That Spans the Entire Borderland

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Kane

The MegaKeep That Spans the Entire Borderland

Post by Kane »

For probably the last sixteen years I've had an idea of creating a mega-adventure/campaign based on combining the Keep on the Borderlands with every impersonation, knock-off, sequel and also-ran so that there are a string of fortified towns running across a border and the entire area is infested with warrens of chaos. Or, maybe, just one gigantic keep and town with lots of NPCs and machinations going on, and an endless wilderness of Chaos encampments right across the border.

So far I have (in addition to KotB and RTKoB):
  • Little Keep on the Borderlands - this is basically a parody of KotB, and you can use it to supplement/expand the original keep.
    Morgansfort and JN1: The Chaotic Caves
    Frandor's Keep for the new edition of Hackmaster - stats are a bit different, but some monster swapping and light conversion work takes care of it all. This one is not a parody.
    AX3 Capital of the Borderlands for ACKS, which is a practically full blown campaign book.
Of course, any number of castles and caves could be added on to this.

I like the idea of a MegaKeep next to a MegaDungeon, and KoTB has always been my favorite B/X module (it's the second I played).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The MegaKeep That Spans the Entire Borderland

Post by Solomoriah »

The country of Enterone in my campaign world of Glain has Kendall Keep, which is the original B2 keep, Westcotte Keep which is basically Frandor's Keep with a new name, and Margrave Keep which is a ruined clone of Kendall Keep, all arrayed along the northern border of the country.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Kane

Re: The MegaKeep That Spans the Entire Borderland

Post by Kane »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:43 am The country of Enterone in my campaign world of Glain has Kendall Keep, which is the original B2 keep, Westcotte Keep which is basically Frandor's Keep with a new name, and Margrave Keep which is a ruined clone of Kendall Keep, all arrayed along the northern border of the country.
That's more or less how I envisioned it. I'm working from the BF1 Western Lands right now, and I'm thinking that further down the continent we have a few old outposts of the shrinking Empire, now ruled by local barons and bandit kings.