Importing stuff from other games?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
tkdco2

Re: Importing stuff from other games?

Post by tkdco2 »

The AD&D 2E Complete Bard's Handbook can expand the information on musical instruments in the Equipment Emporium. It has an expansive list of musical instruments, their descriptions, and their costs.
tkdco2

Re: Importing stuff from other games?

Post by tkdco2 »

Here's a way to track character aging if game world time passes more quickly than real time, and the campaign lasts a while. I'm integrating ideas from a couple of games.

The One Ring has the characters age a year at the end of every game year. You don't have to keep track of a character's actual birthday, although you still can.

Dragonbane lists age as young/adult/old rather than give actual ages. This probably works best for nonhumans with long lifespans.

I would list a human as young at around 20 (I don't start my PCs as minors, but YMMV), adult at 30, and old at 60. So it would take 10 years to go from young to adult, and another 30 years to become old. Players can keep a tally on how long their characters have been around in game time. Not many campaigns last for decades even in game time, but any surviving characters can appear as their aged selves in subsequent campaigns.