Questions about posting system conversions

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
tkdco2

Questions about posting system conversions

Post by tkdco2 »

Hi folks, I'm new here.

A while back I wrote a document about converting Middle Earth Role Playing (MERP) to BFRPG. While some of the work are suggestions from that system on how to convert it to/from AD&D, I made a few modifications to adapt it to BFRPG and included suggestions from other people from different forums.

Is it okay to post a link to my document on Google Drive? Or should I just discuss various parts about it in separate posts? Also, should I post it in this forum or in the Workshop?

While MERP is a published setting, albeit out of print, my conversions are mainly for my own gaming sessions. Of course, anyone is welcome to use any ideas they find useful. I welcome any critique of my work.
tkdco2

Re: Questions about posting system conversions

Post by tkdco2 »

Just reiterating: My work is for personal use only. I'm not looking to make it official or to make any money out of it. I just want to share and discuss my ideas.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Not sure how much MERP knowledge there is here.

I played an elf with an ice spell over one winter.
That's about all I remember.
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

Fair enough. MERP has long been out of print, but it is a "basic" version of Rolemaster, which still exists. Some of my ideas were also adapted from B/X, which I used before I bought a copy of BFRPG, so maybe folks can still find something useful.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

As long as it's relevant to BFRPG and not illegal in any way, it's welcome here. But if you're sharing documents, the Workshop is the place to do it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

Thanks, Solomoriah. Nothing illegal, I assure you. Just some of my work, along with others who helped. I gave them due credit, of course.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Also: when you make your post/thread on Workshop, while it's fine to post a URL link to your Google Doc(s), export .odt copies and attach them to the posts as well, please. 8-)
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

I just posted an ODT attachment along with some house rules in a follow-up post. The main reason I put in in Google Drive was that a lot of folks couldn't open the link. Please let me know if you have trouble opening the document.