Been Running B2, Keep on the Borderlands using BFRPG.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
EvilDead58

Re: Been Running B2, Keep on the Borderlands using BFRPG.

Post by EvilDead58 »

I'm doing the same thing right now. They went to the swamps first since they got the rumor about the missing Elf. They defeated the male Lizardmen, then dropped a Sleep spell in the cavern. They decided to show mercy on the female and younglings, then went and dealt with the spiders.

They met the Priest who insisted on joining them. He claimed to be of the same order as our Cleric. Jovial as he was was, when he muttered "Hmm. Shame." upon hearing of their mercy, our Cleric's spidersense tingled. I threw a wounded NPC in the ravine for them to meet before they reached the caves to give them some words of advice. The Priest left one of his acolytes to stay with the wounded man as the party proceeded into the caves.

They slayed the Kobolds and "discovered/triggered" the pit trap at the entrance. When the acolyte returned, he claimed the man didn't make it, our Cleric immediately ran out to check on him(his throat was cut). At that point the Priest tried to shove the Thief into the pittrap she had just forced open. She was able to jump to the other edge to avoid the pit. The cleric returned to the chaos, and the team was split in two. Realizing nothing they threw at him was getting through, the group opposite of the trap decided to use a grappling hook to ensnare the Priest. After 3 rounds of tug of war, they were able to drag him into the pit, and the thief sealed it back up. He's still alive just trapped in there until they deal with his Acolytes.

That's where the last session ended and we play again tonight. Curious to see how they deal with him. If they decide to leave, he'll probably find a way to escape. I think having them arrested if they come back without him. The Curate could come to their defense and believe their story and would be a great way to introduce him.
Rutibex

Re: Been Running B2, Keep on the Borderlands using BFRPG.

Post by Rutibex »

My last campaign I ran keep on the Borderlands with Basic fantasy. It was a trick though. The Lizardmen were the crew from a crashed Spelljammer ship and the party was able to recover the helm and take them back to space :lol: