License Question

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
markusm

License Question

Post by markusm »

Hi all,

I am sorry, this has been probably asked many times before, but I just want to make sure I understand correctly. I am creating an macOS / iOS Ultima 5 kind of game and would love to use the Basic Fantasy as the rule system.

So, when I use the SRD version and put “Designed for use with the Basic Fantasy RPG” in the About / Acknowledgement section of my game I am good ? Or does it still need to be reviewed ?

Thanks for any info. Btw; I am implementing the game in Swift / Lua, would an MIT licensed implementation of the Basic Fantasy SRD be of use to somebody ?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: License Question

Post by Solomoriah »

We have an SRD already, and in any event you can't change the license to MIT.

As far as your use of the game, you should include text explaining that the Basic Fantasy RPG rules are released under the terms of the Open Game License 1.0a, and direct players/users of your software to the Core Rules for more details. (In addition to any claims of compatibility you may make, in keeping with the Product Identity License.)

I look forward to seeing it!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
markusm

Re: License Question

Post by markusm »

Ah yes, sorry re MIT, that was my errant thinking.

Thanks for the advice, I will post a screenshot of the About section once things are closer to release, just to make sure.