Release Notes?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
feveredmonk

Release Notes?

Post by feveredmonk »

Is there a place where document update release notes are stored? I just noticed The Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1 was updated and I'm curious what changed from the last version.
AlMan

Re: Release Notes?

Post by AlMan »

feveredmonk wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:49 pm Is there a place where document update release notes are stored? I just noticed The Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1 was updated and I'm curious what changed from the last version.
Each supplement, finished or not has an entry in the Workshop section of the forum. The latest version of the document is normally found or linked in the first post. Additions and edits that Solo, Chi, Seven or I do will be noted in that supplements postings. Solo and Chi will make a post when the document is ready for print release. Everyone is asked to look it over and suggest any edits that may need to be made and if nothing happens after a week, Solo will upload to the various print houses and that version becomes the print release.

Of course our fantastic artists will also send illustrations or make suggestions from their art list that the author can put into the supplement.

Currently there are 879 posts for the Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1. This list includes the first post about the Field Guide that Solo did in 2010, and grows from there with submissions by authors and artists up to the current list and announcement of the Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1 release 41 and even some more of Seven's edits, which I can see going into release 42 once Seven is finished.
feveredmonk

Re: Release Notes?

Post by feveredmonk »

AlMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 am Currently there are 879 posts for the Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1. This list includes the first post about the Field Guide that Solo did in 2010, and grows from there with submissions by authors and artists up to the current list and announcement of the Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1 release 41 and even some more of Seven's edits, which I can see going into release 42 once Seven is finished.
Ah. Thanks. Interesting - I enjoy reading the updates as posts, it shows the evolution of an update.