How Do Things Appear on the Downloads?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Pirate GM13

How Do Things Appear on the Downloads?

Post by Pirate GM13 »

So, how would you ask / apply for one of your adventures to be on the Downloads? I mean, I think items from the showcase can be selected from time to time, but is there another way?
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?
Dimirag

Re: How Do Things Appear on the Downloads?

Post by Dimirag »

Solo is the who decides what goes there.
I think "completed" adventures have higher chances than any other material (some have directly no chance).

Its a matter of time, luck and members helping "finish" the material.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

For adventures, it would need to be either part of an Adventures Anthology, or a large enough page-count on its own (either a single or multi-adventure set) along with enough development, editing, etc. to warrant going to print.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Every adventure submitted so far is either in print or on track to be printed. I haven't received anything so rough we couldn't make something worthwhile out of it; some adventures do take more time than others, but it all gets there eventually.

Other works... well, as of right now I cannot imagine anything new that isn't an adventure or maybe a character sheet making it to the Downloads page. Items posted there all support a vision of the game as it was in the early to mid 80's, including options from other contemporary games. This is why Sorcerers were "demoted" to the Showcase... I realized they didn't fit the target era. So if you have visions of a supplement being added there, you need to understand that's really unlikely at this point, as I think we have pretty much everything from that time period covered.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Pirate GM13 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:54 amSo, how would you ask / apply for one of your adventures to be on the Downloads?
Submit it.

That's it. Once it's in the Workshop and you're more or less done with it, we take over, either fitting it into an AA series module or setting it up on its own if it's large enough. We do the proofing and layout and commission art and possibly map redrawing if that's needed for print purposes, and when it's ready I get it into print.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:18 pm Every adventure submitted so far is either in print or on track to be printed. I haven't received anything so rough we couldn't make something worthwhile out of it; some adventures do take more time than others, but it all gets there eventually.

Other works... well, as of right now I cannot imagine anything new that isn't an adventure or maybe a character sheet making it to the Downloads page. Items posted there all support a vision of the game as it was in the early to mid 80's, including options from other contemporary games. This is why Sorcerers were "demoted" to the Showcase... I realized they didn't fit the target era. So if you have visions of a supplement being added there, you need to understand that's really unlikely at this point, as I think we have pretty much everything from that time period covered.
OK
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?