Looking for feedback on Lost Mine of Phandelver conversion

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
elmarcotote123

Looking for feedback on Lost Mine of Phandelver conversion

Post by elmarcotote123 »

Good day everyone, hope your year is going well. I just finished up converting one of my favorite 5E modules (if not the favorite) The Lost Mine of Phandelver into a 1 page per session (technically 2, but if one would view it as a book it would pack everything each session requires, without any page flipping), Basic Fantasy format. I gave it an extremely focused narrative, trimming out the fat (sidequest and map-wise) and streamlining the adventure so it can be ran in 6 sessions total.

If anyone would be interested in checking it out and giving any advice/thoughts on the conversion, I'd more than gladly link you up/send you the file so you can give it a read.
GrimlinJoe

Re: Looking for feedback on Lost Mine of Phandelver conversion

Post by GrimlinJoe »

I was literally listening to a review of this very adventure today and was wondering how one would convert it over to Basic Fantasy. If you are up for sharing it, I would love to give it a look.
elmarcotote123

Post by elmarcotote123 »

Talk about fitting, I'll send it right away.
Tweeker

Post by Tweeker »

Maybe just upload it here.
elmarcotote123

Post by elmarcotote123 »

Good point lol

https://www.flipbookpdf.net/web/site/31 ... tml#page/1

There's still some typos and the rooms from Cragmaw Castle jump from 3 to 5, but other than that its pretty much complete.
Guffaw

Post by Guffaw »

I recently have started doing the same thing with some of my favorite adventure modules. I'll definitely want to give this a read.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Guffaw wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:53 pm I recently have started doing the same thing with some of my favorite adventure modules. I'll definitely want to give this a read.
Which modules have you worked on converting so far? Unless you want to keep it a secret. ;)
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

elmarcotote123 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:44 am There's still some typos and the rooms from Cragmaw Castle jump from 3 to 5, but other than that its pretty much complete.
Thanks for this.
elmarcotote123

Post by elmarcotote123 »

You're welcome! I actually tweaked it a bit some days ago. The twist villain from the Redbrands can be introduced at the Sleeping Giant Inn as extra help for the players if needed (that and the Rebdrands should be drunk, lowering AC) which would also give the Innkeeper a chance at giving him not-so friendly looks, adding another bit of foreshadowing to the whole thing.
dylan20

Post by dylan20 »

Thanks for posting this! I recently got the D&D starter set, thinking I might use it to get back into D&D with my son and niece (14 and 9 years old, respectively). It has this adventure, which looks well thought-out.

But after getting the set, I thought it might actually be better to try starting them off using Basic Fantasy RPG, as it can be simplified more easily. (Also cheaper!) So I'm really happy to see you adapted the adventure to this system.

Do you think this modified adventure would be a good "starter" adventure?