Adventure Anthology One

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Adventure Anthology One

Post by Solomoriah »

Part of the following is reposted, but if you're interested in AA1, please read it all as I've revised some of the material.

One thing I'd really like to see in print is Adventure Anthology One. At the present time, AA1.1 Gold in the Hills, AA1.8 Vault of Eihort, AA2.1 Taming the Flames, and AA2.2 The Lost Tome are all at "release candidate" level; I want at least eight mini-adventures in AA1, so I've got a ways to go. J.D. Neal's two new mini-modules, AA2.3 Insect Valhalla and AA2.4 Island in River have excellent maps, and the first, at least, is complete; AA2.4 is pretty brief right now, so I'm willing to back-burner it until someone gets some inspiration.

So a new AA1 done right now would be:

AA1.1 Gold in the Hills
AA1.8 Vault of Eihort
AA2.1 Taming the Flames
AA2.2 The Lost Tome
AA2.3 Insect Valhalla

That's five. Let's look at the rest:

AA1.2 Merilla's Magic Tower -- maps need to be redone, and the text should be read through and edited at least one more time. UPDATE... J.D. Neal has cleaned up the map. I may do some further changes after reading over the text. As of right now, I'm still considering this one out, but it may be in if I get a chance to look it over.

AA1.3 The Zombraire's Estate -- I've run this one; seems it was a little rough. Probably needs another edit, and the map should be redrawn to print properly in black and white. Also, the hit point checkboxes are crap; I'll need to do a global replacement, then fix the page numbers (because somehow, fixing the checkboxes always screws up the page numbers). +0

AA1.4 Beneath Brymassen -- This adventure has some unfinished rooms, and has not been playtested. Definitely needs some love. However, it has a full map, so I may go ahead and put it in. +1

AA1.5 Ruin of Darkfir Castle -- This one appears complete but needs an edit pass; some boxed text would be nice... and the map appears to be entirely missing... okay, I just located the map copy on my hard drive, and it really needs to be redrawn; it'll have to be done by hand as it's entirely too curvy to do in MapMatic. +0

AA1.6 Shepherds of Pineford -- I have this one marked "unfinished" but it looks pretty complete, and the maps are nice. Probably one more edit pass will do it. Should be playtested also. As the maps are good, I'm putting this in. +1

AA1.7 Deathcrypt of Khaldun -- I've run this one, and it's cool but quite strange. Full of strangely shaped rooms and odd one-off monsters. The map is good, just needs an edit pass. +1

Three more +1's up there means that I have my eight, so I'll probably see about assembling AA1 soon. It'll be "unfinished" for a while I'm sure, but getting it put together is an important first step.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
dymondy2k

Re: Adventure Anthology One

Post by dymondy2k »

Anything I can do to help with the ones that you +1'ed?
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Well, AA1.6 and AA1.7 need to be edited; basically, proofread for grammar, spelling, and rules consistency. AA1.4 needs some new rooms; if you think of anything, you probably should post in the thread on Dragonsfoot:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 42&t=25900
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'm going through AA1.6 now.

Chris.. I'm having a hard time reconciling the thread to the adventure because it looks like that the thread has more rooms created than the adventure is showing.
Last edited by dymondy2k on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dragonclaw Barony
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote: AA1.6 Shepherds of Pineford -- I have this one marked "unfinished" but it looks pretty complete, and the maps are nice. Probably one more edit pass will do it. Should be playtested also. As the maps are good, I'm putting this in. +1
I uploaded much better maps in the discussion thread (they can be deleted when done...)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll get your maps in there, J.D., don't worry. It's just a bit hard to keep track of everything.

Incidentally, I'm planning to add my Slaver's mini-adventure to AA1 after I finish running it. So, at this point, 9 mini-modules.

The map for AA2.5 Night of the Necromancer (specifically, the town map) needs to be redone; it's in color, which will not work in print. J.D., if you have time and inclination to do it, I'd be thrilled. Your outdoor maps are pretty cool.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'm looking at AA 1.4 now and wondering if I have the energy to complete it :D

Chris I'm having a hard time reconciling the adventure I have to whats been posted in the thread. It looks like there are alot more rooms completed in the thread than there are in the adventure.
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ah. That could be... my focus does come and go. Let me have a look, and if there is missing material, I'll integrate it and issue a new release; then you can have a go at that.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I've updated the copy on the website. Rooms 5, 12, and 14 (one of the excess 11's) need work. I copied the sketchy background from the Workshop thread, but it needs to be rewritten, and if we're still doing it that way, the kidnapped children and their captors need to be detailed.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Do you have a timeline to get AA1 published? Working on 1.4 now but bit sure how long it will take...
The Dragonclaw Barony