BFRPG Ebook or EPUB

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
GrimlinJoe

BFRPG Ebook or EPUB

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Hello Everyone,

So I am a big fan of Ebooks (it pains me to see books I love go through wear and tear). Currently I have bought most of the the printed versions of basic fantasy and have downloaded the entire library of PDFs and additional resources. For me I am constantly on the go and always having something popping into my head that I need to look up in the books but never feel comfortable carrying them with me. I have some of the pdfs downloaded on my phone but it can get clunky trying to navigate. Is there ever a chance that the source material could be made into an ebook version or does anyone know of a way to safely convert any of the source material to ebook/epub? I do remember seeing in one of Chris's videos that he uses a tablet at times during game sessions. I would totally be willing to rebuy all the books in ebook form if it were available. Just curious thanks
NSOddity

Re: BFRPG Ebook or EPUB

Post by NSOddity »

If you download the LibreOffice file for the book (.ODT), you may convert to epub using LibreOffice.
Under File, go to Export As, then Export as Epub.

Also, in the past I have had good results converting PDF to epub using Calibre.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Thanks for the tips I will definitely have to try this
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

So just as a small update to this topic, I had tried a few different software to try to convert the PDF files to EPUB but the formatting was becoming corrupted in the conversion. I was in the middle of reformatting the rules into a word doc when I discovered that newer kindle/e-readers come with the android version of Adobe. So turns out I didnt need to convert the files just download them to my kindle and they open as ebooks. Truly not my brightest moment but hey silver lining. So if anyone is interested in EPUBs of basic fantasy, as long as you have a tablet or even kindle (most of the kindle fire have this) you can easily have the whole library at your fingertips. I know not all that special but thought I would post this. Currently I have the 2019 kindle fire 7. Got it for $30 during the Christmas season. Amazon is always putting these on sale and as a cheap alternative to a tablet it works quite well.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

LibreOffice should let you convert the odt files into epub directly without recurring to the pdf or other programs

There was a Tablet Friendly version that could been helpful but is no longer available.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Dimirag wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 am LibreOffice should let you convert the odt files into epub directly without recurring to the pdf or other programs

There was a Tablet Friendly version that could been helpful but for some reason is no longer available
I used Calibre and tried converting the ODT files but still ran I to the same issues. It's ok now since i have the PDFs loaded on my kindle. They read smoothly and are pretty much what i was looking for. I really hate carrying my books around with me when i travel so instead of damaging them while traveling now I just pull it up on my kindle. I'm constantly running through adventure scenarios and how I would handle certain things so I'm constantly needing to reference the rules. The downfall of an overly curious mind. Once I get caught up in a hobby my brain just wants to theorize about it all day.