Dopplegangers

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
+1 Dagger

Dopplegangers

Post by +1 Dagger »

It's not stated in the core rules, so I'll ask the group how you all rule with Dopplegangers. Obviously, they're able to duplicate the physical appearance of their intended victim(s), but does this also include the voice ? I don't believe the ESP ability does anything beyond permitting the creature to detect surface thoughts and/or possible tactics the victim might employ. Do you all permit voice duplication as part of the disguise ?
daryen

Re: Dopplegangers

Post by daryen »

Irrespective of the rules, the MO of doppelgängers is to study a mark, murder them, and then replace them. They can't effectively replace them without a matching voice.

Just sayin'.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

A Doppleganger's ESP is superior, actually, tuned to detect the expectations of onlookers as well as reading the thoughts of the victim (if he or she is even still breathing...) Reading memories is out of reach, but tracking the expectations of several onlookers at once is normal operating procedure.

And yes, the voice is duplicated precisely.

It's not much of a monster otherwise...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

IMO, if you want to best figure out how to role-play a doppleganger and see a good showcase of their abilities, watch season 4 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power over on Netflix. Pay particular attention to the character Double Trouble. Great way to use a doppleganger to mess with a party.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II