Working on Introductory solo BFRPG adventures

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
rpgresearch

Working on Introductory solo BFRPG adventures

Post by rpgresearch »

Greetings,
If this already exists, please point it out so we're not duplicating/wasting effort.
One of the great barriers to broader adoption of TRPGs is the reliance on the mentor model, and front/mass loading of learning, rather than independent distributed/incremental learning.
We're trying to address this by following the Mentzer 1983 BECMI (Basic D&D) examples of some incremental solo adventures teaching a brand new RPGer how to play, (which happens to follow what neuroscience shows as some of the best learning principles), and run their first adventure, step by step.
We are working on 2 BFRPG solo adventures, and 1 brand-new BFRPG DM introductory adventure.
Has someone else already done this, and we don't need to (would prefer)? Please let us know.
If not we'll continue working on these 3 adventures and submit them for review & revision over the coming weeks/months.
Thanks!
Our founder RPGing since 1977, we're a 501(c)3 non-profit research & human services charitable organization studying the effects of all RPG formats: tabletop, live-action, electronic, & hybrids. http://www.rpgresearch.com
chiisu81

Re: Working on Introductory solo BFRPG adventures

Post by chiisu81 »

I know several have asked over the years, but I don't recall any being posted in Workshop. Of course we'd welcome any new material!
rpgresearch

Post by rpgresearch »

Okay, then we'll resume whipping it up unless someone tells us otherwise.
Thanks!
Our founder RPGing since 1977, we're a 501(c)3 non-profit research & human services charitable organization studying the effects of all RPG formats: tabletop, live-action, electronic, & hybrids. http://www.rpgresearch.com
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Even if somebody else has done it, don't be afraid of presenting your take on it, BFRPG nourish from peoples' different points of view on the same matter
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Two things here... first, I'd love to see some solo adventures. I'd be very happy to see them appear in the Workshop and get the full proofing, art, and layout treatment, and I'd be even happier to publish them in print.

Secondly, this thread doesn't actually have any game materials in it, so it does not belong in the Workshop. I'm going to bump it to the General Discussion area. Please, when you are ready to upload, create a new thread here and post your project(s), and thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org