Maptool and Dwimmermount

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
BusterBluth

Maptool and Dwimmermount

Post by BusterBluth »

Just wanted to share what I've been up to lately with BF. My kid is haranguing me about every night now to run BF. We're using Maptool for play, even though we're playing face to face. We're having a ton of fun with it and I'm really enjoying on the weekends having 3 - 4 hour stretches where we can play without interruption.

I've put a ton of macros in my Maptool file and I can definitely share, if folks here are interested. I've got it where it'll do lookups on most of the tables (thief checks, saves, etc.) and, the latest enhancement I really like: it calculates encumbrance. I've got an Excel app that I built which tracks time, purchases, inventory, and random encounters. I can have my Excel file spit out inventory info into a string, which I then paste into Maptool. Then, in Maptool, I can select all the PCs, hit 'UpdateMovt' and in a couple of seconds, it figures out how much weight each person carries and what their encumbrance is, and how far they can move.

We're playing Dwimmermount and my son is on the 2nd 2nd level (not a typo .. there are 2 2nd levels!). He's very forgiving of dad's roleplaying abilities, especially when it comes to handling the various monstrous factions inside Dwimm. I could definitely use some guidance there.

Dwimmermount is vast and it takes a lot of prep to run it well. I figure I'm running him through like he's my guinea pig, and then at a later point, I'll run it online for a bigger group.
GMsShadow

Re: Maptool and Dwimmermount

Post by GMsShadow »

I'm looking at various options other than just Roll20 so if you're happy to share macros is be happy to have them.
BusterBluth

Re: Maptool and Dwimmermount

Post by BusterBluth »

Here's a link to my campaign file. You'll need the latest stable release of Maptool from rptools.net; just look on their download page and you'll see it. I think I'm

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... 8nEDYVlPmb