Space Force Science Fiction Role-Playing Game

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Nekron99

Re: And Now, For Something Completely Different...

Post by Nekron99 »

Russian technology of the 50's and 60's would be slightly more advanced than Americans, tougher, more rugged, but ugly.
They had plans for militarization of space long before the Americans so initially they would have an advantage with weapons and the ability to get someone into space. Even if the Americans joined with the so called 'Space Force', the Russians would have a distinct edge at the very first (until tech started coming back from Mars). That edge would have came from both having great minds working for them (Volunteer or go to Siberia comrade!) and through stealing secrets from anyone they could.

Regardless, even if they start off as adversaries and eventually join forces, I doubt the general mindset of the average Russian Statesman would change much, they still want to dominate, they still would want to be seen as the first, the best and greatest.

Now that is all semi-real world and may not fit in with your version of the world of the 'Space Force' 1960's.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Americans beat the Russians to Mars by several months, and claimed the facility codenamed "Vulcan's Forge" where the radio signals came from. In other words, the Americans got all the best toys, primarily because they had both Oppenheimer and Von Braun to build their nuclear spacecraft.

This would have been around 1949 in game terms, maybe 1950. Haven't nailed the exact timeline, but the Martian signals were detected in late 1945.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
johndice

Post by johndice »

The pulpy goodness in your introduction text grabbed my interest :) Would love to help out where I can. My day job consists of working on video games as a creative director and overall studio manager (art, story, editing, game content, etc), but don't know how that experience would translate. The offer of help is there though :)

Regards,
John
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Combing through r3 for any needed corrections. Once more gets going I can also make a style guide, etc. for the game.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The new forum has been created. Those of you who volunteered here should now see it on the main screen; it's hidden for those who are not members of the collaborator's group.

Want in on this project? Post your request here!
Hernes Son

Post by Hernes Son »

This sounds utterly excellent. I would totally play this game.
The Hooded Man will come to the forest, there to meet with Herne the Hunter, to be his son and do his bidding.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Are you joining us then, Son? (I can call you Son, right? :D )
Jeff Wrbelis

Post by Jeff Wrbelis »

Galaxy Quest without humor
aries04

Post by aries04 »

I’ve been looking for a good sci fi setting. Don’t have a lot of game design chops, but I could play test and I know what games I like and which ones I don’t.
Yol23

Post by Yol23 »

Greetings everyone. Glad to be here and will help any way I can.