0 Level Spells

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Dorrak

0 Level Spells

Post by Dorrak »

Has anyone here put the zero level spells into use? Whether as a GM or a PC? How did things work out?
Hywaywolf

Re: 0 Level Spells

Post by Hywaywolf »

I've used them as a player some. They worked out great but that is from a players perspective i don't know what the DMs think lol
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I use them in my games along with other supplements and house rules. It adds descriptive flavor to the game without impacting the game to much.
Haronniin

Post by Haronniin »

From the GM perspective, I think they're a great addition. In my opinion, they allow creative MU players a way to offset their class's weakness at low level without unbalancing the game at higher levels.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Haronniin wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:07 am From the GM perspective, I think they're a great addition. In my opinion, they allow creative MU players a way to offset their class's weakness at low level without unbalancing the game at higher levels.
This is about my take on this too. Allows the MU to do various magical things (if just for minor effect at best) even at lowest levels... and does not imbalance the game. Helps moreso just on the role-play end of things than any real combat effect.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

They're technically useless in combat but can be useful for role-playing, as previously mentioned. And if somebody's is creative enough to use a level 0 spell in combat for some kind of likely effect, I'm probably going to let it be a buff or something. (Think of distracting a wild boar with "spray BBQ sauce from finger tips" kind of level 0 spell.) How the dice roll is not really under the GM's control, but anything reasonable can be used for an advantage if the GM allows (or encourages) it.