Seduction skill

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Numberlyric

Seduction skill

Post by Numberlyric »

Basic questions

1. Do you feel BFRPG is a game meant only for kids tho introduce them to other role-playing games?
2. Or, do you feel BFRPG is a gateway rpg for all ages, including adults?
3. Or, do you feel BFRPG is a complete standalone game, not just to introduce players to dog, but to play for long campaigns?

If you feel 1, then we can't really allow seduction can we? Any 'G' rated form of seduction is pointless.

If you feel 2, then why bother adding anything?

If you feel 3, then why would you not allow adult players to use what is a major plot device in every fantasy novel, fantasy movie, and legend and folk tale?

You can rule out the ridiculous.

A) no interspecies romances, except among playable demi humans. (Half elf ok)
B) no seducing someone of higher hit die or level
C) no seducing unless you and your target are alone
D) no seducing against the grain of sexual orientation
E) no sex actually has to transpire, seduction is first to distract, second to ask for a favor. Returning the favor, physically, is not guaranteed.
SmootRK

Re: Seduction skill

Post by SmootRK »

Um, not so sure where this topic might be going, but we will be keeping a close eye on it.
Keep it PG.

Moving to General for now, as there really isn't any real content yet... just a discussion about possible content.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

BFRPG (and its forum) is a family friendly thing, lets try to keep the forum that way, what happens o a gaming table is up to that table.

As I see it, BFRPG tries to not enter into these kind of terrains, these can be added by a GM if he chooses, in fact, he can add whatever he feels is best for his game, but if we add some things to the core rules, we move away from the family friendly zone, and some things once given are harder to take away.

About a Skill... BFRPG is not a "skill-based" game, most interactions are left to the players and GM, if a class or race deserves a bonus, then a Reaction Roll bonus would be enough.

Finally, and repeating myself from earlier: What happens on a gaming table with these kind of rules or interactions, are best kept on that table for games with a wider audience target.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Dimirag has perfectly stated what I was trying to come up with, but in a far clearer and more succinct manner. I think that's as far as this needs to go, so I'm going to lock this. If Solo needs to add on he will.