Adventure Seeds

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Griff

Adventure Seeds

Post by Griff »

Is there any interest in compiling a list of adventure seeds, perhaps a few paragraphs and small map for each? A lot of the sessions that my family holds consists of "seat of the pants" adventures and I try to keep a number of ideas ready to go. With life and work, there isn't much time to sit down and draw out 8 or 10 hours of maps and fluff, but I've DM'd for many years and can do quite a bit on the fly.

My thought is a supplement that would give an overview of each seed idea, along with a rough summary of the primary NPCs (Name, Race, motivation and unusual abilities). A small map or two might be included, little more than sketches, to get the GM's creative juices going, along with whatever necessary plot info is required. Nothing too in-depth, certainly no more than a page, as this isn't intended to take the place of full-blown modules or source books but more for quick pick-up games or the busy GM.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll try to draw up a few examples. I can't always come up with a good idea under pressure, and quite a few of the sites that I use for seeds provide only a short 1 or 2 line description. I'd like to have something just a bit more to get that kick that I need.
SmootRK

Re: Adventure Seeds

Post by SmootRK »

It sounds like a great idea for a supplement. Something like "One Page Adventures".
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Arjuna Zaulyl

Post by Arjuna Zaulyl »

I would like that. 99.9% of my adventures start off with you walk into an inn.
Griff

Post by Griff »

Arjuna Zaulyl wrote:I would like that. 99.9% of my adventures start off with you walk into an inn.
That's what I was running into a lot, so I started trying to write down a few ideas when they came to me. Now when we sit down to play, I usually have at least a couple of ideas ready to go. There's nothing wrong with inns, of course...
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Did somebody say 1 page adventures? I have a few written for MIcrolite20 that I would love to convert to BFRPG if there was an interest.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

dymondy2k wrote:Did somebody say 1 page adventures? I have a few written for MIcrolite20 that I would love to convert to BFRPG if there was an interest.
Bring them on! They could form the beginnings of such a Supplement.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Griff

Post by Griff »

dymondy2k wrote:Did somebody say 1 page adventures? I have a few written for MIcrolite20 that I would love to convert to BFRPG if there was an interest.
The more the merrier. If there are too many, maybe a set of small (20 pages or so) supplements for Wilderness, Dungeon, City, etc. I'd be happy to help with conversions if needed...
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Here is a copy of one of the 1-page adventures I wrote. I was just posting it so you can see the format I used. Maybe we can come up with something similar. I figure it would be easier to build a supplement around them if they had a similar style so I included the blank 1-page adventure sheets in both Hex and Grid.

Hex Adventure Template.DOC
Blank 1-Page Adventure Template with Hex
(688 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
Grid Aventure Template.DOC
Blank 1-Page Adventure Template with Grid
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 526 times
Taming The Flames_1Page.pdf
One of my adventures using the template
(154.67 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Griff

Post by Griff »

Nice idea, those. I don't know why I didn't think of something like that years ago. Probably would have saved a lot of time. As you said, those will go a long way towards helping keep things a little less haphazard looking. I'm hoping I'll have some time to get started on some of our previous adventures this weekend and maybe get some sketching done for a few more ideas that I have. Thanks!
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Very nice idea, I downloaded the templates and took a look at them. Haven't had the chance to try them out yet but they look nice.