Where is a good place to find BF meet ups?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
WandererExiled

Where is a good place to find BF meet ups?

Post by WandererExiled »

If you feel this question is déjà vu you are not crazy. I had already posted this question a few years ago, with a good community response, but time has a way of bringing changes. Plus after several real life adventures, I found myself not in the middle of nowhere boondocks.

Currently, I live just seconds away from Platte Woods, MO and can get to downtown Kansas City, MO within 20 minutes via metro transit.

Looking for:
Groups for newbs.
I've been playing DnD 5th, for almost a year so I don't need a total hand in hand walk experience, and I've read the core book many many times, but I've never actually played Basic Fantasy.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!
orobouros

Re: Where is a good place to find BF meet ups?

Post by orobouros »

I live between Baltimore and Washington and there's a pretty big gaming community down here. Overhearing people talk about Overwatch or Cards Against Humanity or Magic is common. That being said, other than the big TT RPG there's not as much obviously public support for RPGs. You have to know people; or so I've gathered. I know coworkers who are into RPGs so I try to play with them. (One is very interested in Basic Fantasy RPG.) I'm also thinking of showing up to a local game store to see who plays there. When and if I can gather interest, I'll see if people have their pet games/systems/interests, and see about running an actual game.

tl;dl -- Find a gaming group, then see if people in it are interested.