New

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Arjuna Zaulyl

New

Post by Arjuna Zaulyl »

Hello all,

I am new to the site. Just wanted to say hello.

I have been playing D&D in one form or another since I was 15 and love it. I started with the 1st Ed Advanced D&D and have played 2nd, 3rd and once 4th. Most of the time now my group plays 3rd ed but I miss 1st.

Well again just wanted to say hi.
Baldheaded-Yeti

Re: New

Post by Baldheaded-Yeti »

Welcome aboard and good gaming!
Illegitimi non carborundum!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

the site is picking up.. this is is awesome!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
benbonewilly

Post by benbonewilly »

Hey Fellow Newperson! I tried playing DnD 3rd edition as well as 4th. The game's atmosphere just didn't feel the same to me. I had the most fun playing the basic Dungeons and Dragons game I got out of a red box in the early 90s. I like that this game has a similar feel.
Baldheaded-Yeti

Post by Baldheaded-Yeti »

benbonewilly wrote:Hey Fellow Newperson! I tried playing DnD 3rd edition as well as 4th. The game's atmosphere just didn't feel the same to me. I had the most fun playing the basic Dungeons and Dragons game I got out of a red box in the early 90s. I like that this game has a similar feel.
I gave away most of my Basic D&D years ago and now I'm trying to get them all back.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I am playing all kinds of RPGs right now.. I'm in the middle of a long 4e campaign we've been playing over a year now. A Pathfinder RPG that's been going on a few months and I am DM'ing a campaign for my kids using the Microlite20 ruleset. I'm not edition snob but I have to admit I miss the feeling of 'old skool' I used to have playing Basic D&D and AD&D.
I have a great DM for the 4e Forgotten Realms campaign but its to the point that I dread battles in this system. It keeps going WAY past the point where the fight has stopped being fun, and I don't like that. I do admit a fondness for Pathfinder though, Paizo has done a good job of fixing some of the downfalls of 3.5 and I have a great group. I play a half-elf ranger and another member plays an Elven Rogue (a swashbuckler type). The fun part is I play his son even though in real life I am 20+ years older than him.
The Microlite Rule set is fun to run and I do like the rules-light feel of it. But I think when we finish the adventure we are running (Everyone's favorite In search of the Unknown) I am going to talk my kids into switching to BFRPG. I think they will have blast with it.
The Dragonclaw Barony
Arjuna Zaulyl

Post by Arjuna Zaulyl »

Thanks for all the responses. You guys have made me feel welcome.

I am curious as to how hard it is to get into an online game. I have never played online and was thinking of getting into it. Mostly because my group is unable to play very often because we all have different scheduals and some of us have wives and kids that come before D&D.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

That's a good question.. I got into a chat based game on Microlite's site but it didn't last long. I would love to try a PbEM one of these days. The two running here are pretty good.
The Dragonclaw Barony