I'm new to BFRPG, I just ordered my hardcopies!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Olgabelle

I'm new to BFRPG, I just ordered my hardcopies!

Post by Olgabelle »

I just ordered my hardcopy! Well, my dad did, I had to pay him back, but I'm too young to order on Amazon. Got the 3rd Ed Rulebook and Field Guide coming monday! I've been playing Basic D&D for a while, since I was 8 or so, I'm 14 now, but I wanted a game with a little more flexibility in classes and races and less 5e fans pretending to be old school in the community.

BF has a great community that really loves the game and respects old school games! The price is right too! I have all the current pdfs, and the two rulebooks were less than $10 on Amazon Prime! I'll be ordering the other print stuff once I get used to the system.

Thanks for all the awesome work, everybody! :D
SmootRK

Re: I'm new to BFRPG, I just ordered my hardcopies!

Post by SmootRK »

Welcome!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hernes Son

Post by Hernes Son »

Welcome aboard!

I've been running the game for my own kids (11 and 8), and they've been having a great time. My son actually got a bunch of the kids at his school into it, and they started a weekly club. With the low price, I went out and bought a bunch of extra copies for the club's library. They're all having a blast with it.
The Hooded Man will come to the forest, there to meet with Herne the Hunter, to be his son and do his bidding.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome! Yep the nice cheap price on Amazon has made it an easy purchase not only for myself but as gifts to others multiple times!
Hernes Son

Post by Hernes Son »

Indeed, the core rules are so cheap, I've started adding copies with anything else I order from Amazon. I plan on giving them away as I can, probably going to seed a few into the numerous Little Free Libraries that have popped up in my area.
The Hooded Man will come to the forest, there to meet with Herne the Hunter, to be his son and do his bidding.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Hernes Son wrote:Indeed, the core rules are so cheap, I've started adding copies with anything else I order from Amazon. I plan on giving them away as I can, probably going to seed a few into the numerous Little Free Libraries that have popped up in my area.
Great idea. I have dropped a few copies here and there. mini libraries are great idea to look for.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Cool to have another young'un 'round here but I imagine in your case, one of your parents is already into rpgs? Very lucky if that's the case although it was great when I showed my dad my AD&D monster manual and he said he remembered it from uni in the 80s. He only played once but I assume he knew a few people who played.
Olgabelle

Post by Olgabelle »

black1blade wrote:Cool to have another young'un 'round here but I imagine in your case, one of your parents is already into rpgs? Very lucky if that's the case
Dad's been a gamer all his life (he used to use the online handle "chatdemon", if any of you remember him) and started my love for fantasy and games early, reading things like The Hobbit, The Narnia books, Robert Asprin's Myth series and others to me at bed time when I was 4 or 5 and for a few years after. When I was about 8 he says I bugged them so much about playing an actual D&D game with the adults that he bought me a nice used copy of the D&D Basic rules and the old Dungeon! boardgame. I played those for a while with my friends and little sisters, and finally got to join the adult game about 2 years ago. Now one of our ongoing games is my new BF campaign!
Hernes Son

Post by Hernes Son »

Your dad is clearly awesome.

I got a copy of Dungeon! a couple years back, and played it with my own kids. That got them interested in my old copy of Talisman, which we've played a ton of, and now we're playing a BFRPG campaign set in Narnia.