BFRPG Torrent I found.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Metroknight

BFRPG Torrent I found.

Post by Metroknight »

Just goofing around while searching the net and discovered someone put a BFRPG torrent out.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BFRPG Torrent I found.

Post by Solomoriah »

Redistributing the rules, etc. is explicitly allowed under the license. The collection there is rather eclectic, though... some Downloads page items, some Showcase items, some things I don't recognize at all.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Never meant it was wrong but just cute or funny that it was a torrent of totally free pdfs from here.
aries04

Post by aries04 »

Torrents aren't necessarily illegal, copyrighted material. Torrents are really a horribly efficient data transfer method, they've just been taken over by the illegal download crowd.

I'd host BFRGP material for torrent.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

Putting together an "official" torrent might be a good idea. The equivalent of a starter pack perhaps. I'd recommend Core Rules, Beginner's Essentials, the standard character sheet, BF1 Morgansfort (or another adequate level 1 adventure) and a read me file.

A nice thing about torrents is that if I'm seeding from home, anybody with a client can get it. Such as a friend who wants the files whom I'm visiting. Or if I meet somebody on social media who wants a single link for "getting started." Or if the website goes down, it's a way to keep the files available. Given the permissive license and ease of setup it's worth a shot. Hell, I may just try it tonight.
aries04

Post by aries04 »

Throw a heads up here if you get it up and going. I'd seed it too
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

So I put together the torrent material, which was easy. I have it seeding from my box, though I only know how to share the torrent file itself. I've been unable to add a tracker or create a magnet link. But if anybody would like to help get this fixed up, here's the link:

http://hb.orobouros.net/bill/bfrpg.torrent