Roll20 sheet

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Metroknight

Roll20 sheet

Post by Metroknight »

For those of us that play our games on roll20, I'm in the process of tweaking and rewriting some code to update the roll20 sheet. I'm about halfway done with the work but figured you all might want to get a teaser of the sheet.
work in progress roll20 sheet
work in progress roll20 sheet
bfrpgsheet.jpg (140.6 KiB) Viewed 7685 times
Metroknight

Re: Roll20 sheet

Post by Metroknight »

Hello everyone, I'm almost finished with the roll20 sheet but I need some people willing to look over the sheet and offer some suggestions. You can drop me a line here or pm me in roll20.

Here is a link to a post of screen caps of the sheet.
The Angry Monk

Post by The Angry Monk »

Thanks for the share.
“It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.”
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

On a causal glance at the screen caps, any suggestions or do you want a hands on with the sheet? I'm wanting feedback on the sheet to be sure I have it mostly what people who play bfrpg on roll20 can use. I'm shooting for supporting supplements and adding additional features to the sheet so it can be more interactive in it's use.

The main stumbling block for me is getting the equipment to autototal the weight entered for people to judge their encumbrance.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Just to let everyone know. The roll20 sheet went live and has supplanted the original sheet created by Solomoriah. Due to a different naming convention and different fields, everyone that was using the old sheet will have to manually re-input their information (it is not lost as it is still stored in the ability & attribute tab) due to it not showing in the character sheet. I tested out some sheetworkers but they were not working properly so I have not pushed them into the new sheet yet.

Things that are still being worked on:
  • 1: Importing data from the old sheets
    2: Autocalculation of the inventory encumbrance (it is a repeating field setup so it is difficult to work with at the moment).
I will be maintaining and upgrading the sheet as needed so if anyone uses it and discovers a problem, please drop a message in the Updated/Advanced Basic Fantasy Character Sheets thread on roll20.
aRealDead1

Post by aRealDead1 »

Thanks for your work here. Will give my feedback when I have more hands on with the sheet, and run some games.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I posted the changelog to the roll20 Basic fantasy sheet thread but figured I would post it here also for those that might be following this or using the sheet so you know what to expect when the pull request to the github goes through and makes the sheet updated.

Here is a changelog for this month. I will add to it as needed.
  • November 12 - Fixed attack bonus calculations and armor class calculations. Redesigned the Armor class section in the combat tab.
    November 13 - Added no to the turn undead / befriend animal drop down to represent no ability.
    November 16 - Fixed a misname on a fieldset.
    November 18 - Fixed field calculation in spell damage, Fixed field display in range attack, Changed Dexterity bonus in range attack to a drop down menu for ability modifier selection. This will allow strength based range attack, Int based magical attack, and standard Dexterity based attacks.
Now my next set of long term goals is a compendium similar in nature to the 5e one in roll20 and the pull and drop that the 5e sheet can do also.

My short term goals is making specific fields hidden and unhidden with a checkmark.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Yeah awesome resource, I'm going to be running a bfrpg one shot sometime next week :D. Having all the supplements built in could be slightly confusing for some but ah well.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

black1blade wrote:Yeah awesome resource, I'm going to be running a bfrpg one shot sometime next week :D. Having all the supplements built in could be slightly confusing for some but ah well.
They aren't all built in but just added aspects to support their use. I wanted to make it able to support most of the supplements along with enhanced support for usage. I still have some work to do with tweaking wording on the sheet but overall it should be a versatile enough to handle most game styles.

My next goal at the moment is working on a BFRPG roll20 compendium and having the drag/drop function that other sheets have with their compendiums.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

Yeah everyone's gotten the hang of it just fine. Half of them have made multiple characters.