Is there an overall map of where all the modules go?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
KateMothers

Is there an overall map of where all the modules go?

Post by KateMothers »

I just got all of the game materials and what I notice missing is an overall map. Is there one somewhere? With all the various locations mentioned in the various published modules, I was wondering if their was an overall world map so we had some idea of where they were in relation to each other? I'm the type of GM that doesn't like to just pop you between locations, as travelling adventures with random encounters can be fun. But I have no idea what world this is set in, where the various cities, castles, etc are located in relation to each other. Has anyone made a map they can share please.
Clever_Munkey

Re: Is there an overall map of where all the modules go?

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Sort of.
Most of the modules take place in different worlds, so there is no map connecting them. That said, most of the modules were taken from various campaigns that people have created throughout the years, and there are larger maps for those. I believe a quick search for the "Glain campaign", and "dragon claw barony" will bring up some recent discussions about the maps on this forum.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
KateMothers

Post by KateMothers »

Thank you! I'll search for those two and see what I can find. I figured I might have to make my own map to connect some of them, but no point duplicating work if someone has already done it.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I think there is purposely no unifying world so each GM has the absolute freedom as to what constitutes part of his world and in which order he wants to present each module.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Dimirag wrote:I think there is purposely no unifying world so each GM has the absolute freedom as to what constitutes part of his world and in which order he wants to present each module.
this, at least in regards to official maps. No issue with folks sharing their campaign maps denoting where the various adventures are located.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Tree Ant

Post by Tree Ant »

I know Solo has mentioned he doesn't want an official setting on the download pages,
but is there any setting supplement with all the modules somewhere in the workshop?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't think anyone has ever combined all the modules into one cohesive world.

I'm also not sure why you'd want that. It's not hard to place them where you want them in whatever world you are using. The Glain adventures adapt well to the Western Lands, and I've used several of the AA series in my customized FFC Blackmoor. Anyone who actually wants to use Glain is welcome to ask about where I placed the adventures when I ran them originally.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Tree Ant

Post by Tree Ant »

I'm not interested in it myself. I just figured something like that might exist and could be useful to the OP.
MythusRPG

Map(s) of the Basic Fantasy World

Post by MythusRPG »

Is there a map? Has any one put together a map? I am looking for a map of the world as it exist in Basic Fantasy via various adventures, etc.
Thanks.
pinewood

Re: Map(s) of the Basic Fantasy World

Post by pinewood »

Lots of individual adventures contain their own map, but Basic Fantasy itself doesn't have a world to map.