Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
rredmond

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:37 am

Ah the story that sounds so similar to many of us! :D
Welcome back!!
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
TardisCaptain

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Greetings, my name is Carl. I started with BECMI back in the early 80's. I preferred it over AD&D 1e. Didn't get much into 2e. Just finished a 3.5 campaign earlier this year. Wasn't impressed with 4e and I haven't really sat down to play 5e yet.

I've also played FASA Star Trek RPG and loved it. Played some Decipher Star Trek. I haven't had a chance to try the Modipeus Star Trek Adventures. Loved playing D6 Star Wars from WEG. Did some short stints with GURPS, Marvel Superheroes, Spycraft 2.0, Twilight 2000, It Came from the Late Late Show and more. I'm a little intrigued by Dungeon Crawl Classics, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Two years ago my brother asked me to introduce his kids to role playing games. I found Basic Fantasy and thought it would be a good introduction for them so I downloaded the game. It had the shine of BECMI that I started with and some additional options. Just yesterday I purchased the print book from Amazon.
rredmond

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Great story and great username Carl!!
Welcome to the BFRPG forums, pretty sure (since you already dig the game) you'll like it here.
Be well,
--Ron--
I enjoy BFRPG dungeons. And played Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
I PbP at Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
I read at The Wiki
Nobody ever catches Nuth.
teaman

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:34 pm

TardisCaptain wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:57 pm
Greetings, my name is Carl. I started with BECMI back in the early 80's. I preferred it over AD&D 1e. Didn't get much into 2e. Just finished a 3.5 campaign earlier this year. Wasn't impressed with 4e and I haven't really sat down to play 5e yet.

I've also played FASA Star Trek RPG and loved it. Played some Decipher Star Trek. I haven't had a chance to try the Modipeus Star Trek Adventures. Loved playing D6 Star Wars from WEG. Did some short stints with GURPS, Marvel Superheroes, Spycraft 2.0, Twilight 2000, It Came from the Late Late Show and more. I'm a little intrigued by Dungeon Crawl Classics, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Two years ago my brother asked me to introduce his kids to role playing games. I found Basic Fantasy and thought it would be a good introduction for them so I downloaded the game. It had the shine of BECMI that I started with and some additional options. Just yesterday I purchased the print book from Amazon.
You had me at FASA Star Trek! Welcome aboard.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at drivethrurpg.com. (Soon he'll be able to purchase the name brand peanut butter!). Come take a look if you have some time.

http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games