Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
JDJarvis

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by JDJarvis »

Howdy all. Updated my old character sheet for BFRPG and rereading the latest version of rules to see if BFRPG is going to be the base for my next campaign. It worked great years back for a campaign that used adventures from pretty much every version of a certain well known RPG.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome back! 8-) Your character sheet is still my favorite one.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It's the one I use in my regular games. I have received your update, and will post it soon.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
JDJarvis

Post by JDJarvis »

Thanks for the welcome and the praise.
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for letting me join. I am looking forward to reading and enjoying all the site has to offer. :)
Everything was going well until the Anti-Paladin tossed the Halfling overboard in an attempt to distract the Kraken.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome to the game and forums! 8-)
Tail end Charlie

Post by Tail end Charlie »

G'day, to you all. Yes, another new one arrives armed with a question.....

Is there anywhere you can put your name down on the forum(s) to get involved in a play by post game ?
ShieldBashful

Post by ShieldBashful »

Howdy, howdy, howdy!

I've been interested in RPGs since my teens but only really gotten to play them in the past couple of years---I've played D&D 3/3.5, D&D 5E, Pathfinder 1 and 2E, Scion 2E, Dungeon World and Apocalypse World. I am also fond of Tenra Bansho Zero, though regrettably have not yet gotten to run it.

I am amazed at the sheer amount of content you folks have done for the love of the game so if ya'll don't mind I think I'll stick around for a while. :mrgreen:
Zudrak

Post by Zudrak »

Wow. I've been "here" two years but have never posted. Weird.

I began playing D&D in 1980 with OD&D. In 1981, I owned my first game, Moldvay Basic and then Marsh/Cook Expert and enjoyed playing that until we moved. In September 1983, my brother and I discovered the kids in our new town were playing AD&D, so we converted to that. After graduating in 1990, I found NO ONE played at either college I would attend (they were probably all hiding behind a secret door). That led to a 10-year gaming hiatus.

I resumed play in 2000 running 3e, then 3.5e (2003), then Castles & Crusades (2005), then OSRIC (2011), and AD&D again (2012). I then discovered and/or tried Swords & Wizardry (Light, Complete, Continual Light, Core, and White Box), Adventures Dark and Deep, Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, and Adventurer Conqueror King System. Finally, in 2016, I purchased many of the BFRPG books, after watching a video review of it by Old Man Grognard. At last, I am getting a chance to run it as I am converting PCs from the (very short) BX and ACKS adventures over to it for my players to play. Our kids are 16, 5, and 3 and this will be the first PC/campaign for our daughter (the youngest).

I appreciate how malleable the system is and how it feels like Moldvay/Marsh/Cook BX D&D with some more options. I also like how easy it will be to continue my Greyhawk campaign despite changing the chassis on which the game runs.

Congrats to Chris G. and company for a winning system and game!
"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
-- E. Gary Gygax

https://web.archive.org/web/20120314121 ... llordgames
izalac

Post by izalac »

Hi everyone :)

I started playing with 2E in the late 90s. Our group never switched to 3e, and after a long hiatus it split up. I never got back into RPing until 5e, which I'm currently running, but I kept an eye on OSR. Basic Fantasy caught my attention and I've been waiting for a while to run it...

...and recently I got a chance. I started a West Marches-inspired campaign, and so far (several games in) we've all been having a blast playing. I'd say this replaced 2e for me as an "old school chassis".

I recently ordered some extra POD copies of the ruleset, which my players will get for Christmas :D