Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
rredmond

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by rredmond »

:D
Welcome bhyeti!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Talen

Post by Talen »

I've been following BFRPG for a long time, and I've played RPGs since 1974. However, in 2000 I moved away from my gaming group (and most humans in general) and currently live in a very rural area. About 11 years ago, my wife and I decided to add some children to the household, and now the girls (ages 11 and 9) are wanting to expand their gaming from Wizard101 to pencil and paper systems. You never realize how clunky AD&D 2E is until you try to explain it to a child. Dusted off my BFRPG PDFs, ordered some BFRPGs from Amazon, and now I'm looking at converting their adventures to something a bit less clunky :) Thanks!
"Back in my day, young'un, we didn't have rules for our games - we made 'em up as we needed 'em!"
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Nice story! Welcome Talen.
It's a great supportive community here, enjoy!
Be well,
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome all!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
jackel

Post by jackel »

Well after a long hiatus from Basic Fantasy, I am back. I hope to work with you guys again.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

welcome back.
cheimison

Post by cheimison »

I had an Amazon gift card that wasn't enough to get the Paul Gottfried book I really wanted, so I decided to grab BFRPG. I have been aware of BFRPG almost since it came out, and even attempted to run it once with little luck (due to the inconvenience of only have a desktop computer as a book), but thought it seemed decent. When I saw how cheap BF1 and the core rules were I bought them both on impulse, and the Field Guide for the heck of it.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome! 8-)
arslayer

Post by arslayer »

I have owned some hardcopies of BFRPG stuff for a while now, and have downloaded nearly all of it. First time here on the forums though. I ran a group for a while in Gainesville, FL but then we moved to the Orlando area. I am about to start running a game for my wife and 7 year old soon. BFRPG is tied with DCC as my favorite of the B/X style games. So easy to pickup and play.
mikkelibob

Post by mikkelibob »

Sounds like I'm in the same boat as a lot of yall. I grew on on Mentzer redbox & expert - and I still have a regular weekly game. I'd like to introduce RPGs and D&D to my kids (still fairly young). But I think they would enjoy it more if I just sort of let them have some books and let them sort of come at it pretty organically. Maybe there is a good SRD hack that already sort of attempts to do that for kiddos, but I really love BFRPG. I like how expandable it is, and yet how it takes the best concepts of 3.0. And I really love the notion of $5 well put together books.

I think what I really would love is a Redbox style BFRPG hack. Basically just levels 1-4 or so; a starter dungeon; and that lovely "how to play" screenplay type thing that those early starter sets had. Does anything like that exist?